GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some Uni coursework I want your opinions on please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/04/03 at 15:46
Regular
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.whiston/soundandmusic/

You'll see a blank screen and then some music should start playing after about 5-10 seconds (less on broadband). Thing is, it's all random. My Uni project is a random music generator! I'm thinking of calling it something like "The Jazzulator", or something stupid like that. Our whole brief for the Sound and Music module was "Do something creative", so I thought this was a pretty nifty idea. Eventually it'll be a bit more interactive - you'll be able to change the mood and swing of the music, but the whole emphasis is that it is generated randomly.

Oppos please :D
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:56
Regular
"The Jizzulator" would be more interesting I feel.
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The code I did embeds a small Flash file for each sample when the time is right. The JS only works in IE.
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
monkey_man wrote:
> Oh yeah, it only works in Internet Exploder for my own reasons, and
> requires Flash. It's not at hefty, just he only way it could be done
> efficiently.

There's no Flash?

I just get the one blank page with loads of JS in the source...

No other stuff apart from JS.
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I could quantise it. I might make a function that allows you to choose whether the samples snap to a beat or not. But then again, it's meant to be random...don't ask me why though, I dunno!
Sat 26/04/03 at 15:59
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Drum and Bassinator would be more accurate. Maybe if you made it a little less random (so the sounds would be to the beat) it would be better?
Sat 26/04/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It did have a tempo that changed randomly originally, but I removed that because it brought the load times right down. If I can sort out the files it embeds then I might make that happen again. Changing the tempo is definitely on the cards though.
Sat 26/04/03 at 15:56
Regular
"not dead"
That's quite cool.

A bit slow though, could do with being sped up a bit. Or simply options to choose the speed.

I have it on in another window at the moment, so maybe just a link that would open another window to aloow you to continue browsing whilst it plays?

Bass.
Sat 26/04/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The module is only about sound and music. It will have a visual element eventually, but not as far as a website. It's only meant to be like an application, but it functions well straight off the Internet and I'm fine with that.
Sat 26/04/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I think it's good the only problem is it has nothing to make you want to stay on the site. Put in a groovy background maybe a randomly dancing man to go with the music and with your buttons to change the music mood etc it'll be great.
Sat 26/04/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh yeah, it only works in Internet Exploder for my own reasons, and requires Flash. It's not at hefty, just he only way it could be done efficiently.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.