GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm scared, should i be and can you help?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 21:26
Regular
It’s just over one week until my GCSE drama exam and the two females in my group (4, 2 guys and 2 girls) too obsessed with costume and won’t take the time to learn there lines beyond the third page! PLEASE READ THIS AND TELL ME IF I’M PARANOID!

However I work with a girl who is completely incompatible. Example

4 weeks ago -
I decide maybe a short Romeo and Juliet parody would fit nicely in the play, I go away and ponder

3.5 weeks ago –
I present my group with a silly (and rough) script for the skit and show them where I would like it to go. We spend one hour playing with the idea, both the guys agree it’s a good idea, but should be left, as it doesn’t fit perfectly. I then come up with an idea ten times better, a series of hilarious singing solos, every loves, we do

2 weeks ago –
Its been over a week since the idea was abandoned and were just putting the final touches into our singing making the play a nice length, the girl, woman X we shall call her as this chat filters the names I would like to use! Anyway woman X comes to me and asks for a full script for the Romeo and Juliet parody, she want about three pages by the next day. We argue, she is used to getting her way, I don’t like loosing so the battle goes on. She strikes from rehearsals until she gets her way

1.5 weeks ago –
I finally give in and tell her if she writes the scene and I don’t think it will our grades we’ll do it, she is happy, she goes off and after 25 minutes returns with five pages of Romeo and Juliet she has COPIED from the book. She then gives them to me and says “there you go, your funny, you write something funny” so I get frustrated and say no that’s not fair, it was my idea and I abandoned it. She says I like the idea so we doing it. Now she has a very irritating argument tactic where mid sentence she will cut you off here is a small extract form our conversation…
ME: Nim, I don’t want to do it because…
HER: so what your saying is I just wasted my time writing that?
ME: no, its just…
ME: well it doesn’t fit properly and…
ME: NO, besides all you’ve done is copy that
ME: can I please finish my…
ME: what do you want from me?

It goes on like this, until she tells me I have to write this piece ‘or else’, I say if I write it it wont be funny as my heart wont be in it, I tell her she should write it in the next couple of days, she says ok

0.5 weeks ago –
She has done nothing, I tell her to forget the scene and rehears as we are running out of time, she refuses to do anything until this work is done, we get nothing done and have not even rehearsed some of the script.

Today –
Still no further in her work we are unable to continue rehearsing and the performance date looms ever closer, I start to feel ill from worry.

WHAT CAN I DO? SHOULD I BE AFRAID? AM I DOOMED? I cant help but worry. All because I came up with an idea then realised it wouldn’t of panned out. Why me lord!? I’m on A target A in my report but this girl is going to cost me my only A grade, something that means a lot to me.

Help!
Fri 25/04/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Hallelujah"
It’s just over one week until my GCSE drama exam and the two females in my group (4, 2 guys and 2 girls) too obsessed with costume and won’t take the time to learn there lines beyond the third page! PLEASE READ THIS AND TELL ME IF I’M PARANOID!

However I work with a girl who is completely incompatible. Example

4 weeks ago -
I decide maybe a short Romeo and Juliet parody would fit nicely in the play, I go away and ponder

3.5 weeks ago –
I present my group with a silly (and rough) script for the skit and show them where I would like it to go. We spend one hour playing with the idea, both the guys agree it’s a good idea, but should be left, as it doesn’t fit perfectly. I then come up with an idea ten times better, a series of hilarious singing solos, every loves, we do

2 weeks ago –
Its been over a week since the idea was abandoned and were just putting the final touches into our singing making the play a nice length, the girl, woman X we shall call her as this chat filters the names I would like to use! Anyway woman X comes to me and asks for a full script for the Romeo and Juliet parody, she want about three pages by the next day. We argue, she is used to getting her way, I don’t like loosing so the battle goes on. She strikes from rehearsals until she gets her way

1.5 weeks ago –
I finally give in and tell her if she writes the scene and I don’t think it will our grades we’ll do it, she is happy, she goes off and after 25 minutes returns with five pages of Romeo and Juliet she has COPIED from the book. She then gives them to me and says “there you go, your funny, you write something funny” so I get frustrated and say no that’s not fair, it was my idea and I abandoned it. She says I like the idea so we doing it. Now she has a very irritating argument tactic where mid sentence she will cut you off here is a small extract form our conversation…
ME: Nim, I don’t want to do it because…
ME: no, its just…
ME: well it doesn’t fit properly and…
ME: NO, besides all you’ve done is copy that
ME: can I please finish my…
ME: what do you want from me?

It goes on like this, until she tells me I have to write this piece ‘or else’, I say if I write it it wont be funny as my heart wont be in it, I tell her she should write it in the next couple of days, she says ok

0.5 weeks ago –
She has done nothing, I tell her to forget the scene and rehears as we are running out of time, she refuses to do anything until this work is done, we get nothing done and have not even rehearsed some of the script.

Today –
Still no further in her work we are unable to continue rehearsing and the performance date looms ever closer, I start to feel ill from worry.

WHAT CAN I DO? SHOULD I BE AFRAID? AM I DOOMED? I cant help but worry. All because I came up with an idea then realised it wouldn’t of panned out. Why me lord!? I’m on A target A in my report but this girl is going to cost me my only A grade, something that means a lot to me.

Help!
Fri 25/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Light of the world"
My GCSE drama exam = Me and George (very keen actors) and two others. They didnt know there lines a week before the real thing. In the mock they held there scripts behind their 'fake menus'. George come out with an A, I an A* ....No need to worry my friend! They got bad grades but think of yourself.
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Hallelujah"
The problem is, there are scenes we havent even touched! i mean if we get on stage me and Rich will know our lines but wont have any stage directions and the girls wont know the lines!
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Kick them in the nads.
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
Heh, who are you talking about? Nimma? :D

Good luck dude, knowing you you'll come through it with a top grade.
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:31
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Thanks Ant. And Hercules, i might just 'rhoshambo' her... : )
Sat 26/04/03 at 02:39
Regular
I usually try to live by the notion of if you can't get along with them, ignore them.

It works well for the most part, true losers don't come along that often, but when they do it's nice to be well practiced in keeping them at arms length and not giving any attention to them.

It's usually a little harder with people who aren't so blatant in their lameness, but when push comes to shove are stupid, arrogant etc., but it still seems to be a good way to deal with things.

Unfortunately there are always times when you just can't avoid the toshers.
Then it gets a bit more difficult, as you actually have to deal with them in some way.

I'm not sure this is one of those times.
I'm sure whoever works out the grades will have seen groups of mixed 'abilities' pleanty of times before, and won't penalise the people who've tried to do things for the failings of the slackers.

Just make sure the rest of you can perform at the level you'd want to, and let her drown in her own incompetence.
You still get to keep her at arms length so she can't drag you down.

Maybe with lines if she's visibly stuck one of the rest of you may want to reel off the actual lines, in a tone of voice clearly distinct from the one you'll be using for your own lines. That way if she clearly can't remember her lines you'll be able to keep the play moving along.

And have a word with your teacher about the best way to deal with it. He/She'll have a good idea of how to deal with the situation, and if they'll be marking it they might be more sympathetic for the rest of you too.

Good luck anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.