GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Spin, Legacy Of Kain : Defiance and Turok Evolution..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Legacy Of Kain'.
Mon 18/07/05 at 19:37
Regular
Well to start, Top Spin is probably one of my most favourate sport games of all time now. You can really feel the energy in the game as opposed to other tennis games, mainly due to the great camera angles but also the easyness of the controlls and such making different shot types easy.

Defiance is also much more than I expected, I bought it thinking of it to be another Soul Reaver but it wasn't (Shame/Yeys) and I like how they've concetrated more on the action with puzzles included, some of which are mind boggling. Oh and Kain absolutely utterly pwns Raziel, never playing a Blood Omen games i'm going to look for BO2 for cheap seeing as walking around and throwing people about with my mind feels excellent.

And Turok, I thought the first level was actually quite good but now i'm riding some poxy flying bird and I have decided that the game will gather dust.

So yeah, I think it was a worthwhile swap from Juiced (great but short and repetitive) Spider-Man 2 (played to death) and Hitman Contracts (Annoyed as no matter how hard I try I get the urge to rip someone open with a kitchen knife and watch them fall off a roof or something, therefore losing all stealth).
Thu 28/07/05 at 19:01
Regular
"BOO YA!"
Topspin -Easily Beaten By Virtua Tennis 2, LOK- its good but i found the camera a nightmare to control and turok - well the less said about it the better, so a good trade methinks, though you can pick up all of the games exept for juiced for a 5'er now anyway

as for pro evo - ITS AMAZING, i just ordered the psp version today im getting bored of worlt tour soccer but hey all i can say is pro evo kicks fifas balls even for non footy fans
Mon 25/07/05 at 09:49
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
i cant really see the point of kicking a ball around the feild, even more so on a screen!! :)
Sun 24/07/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I personally don't like Pro Evo, but everyone seems to love it, so I can see why :p

But don't you get bored of them year after year. I would!
Sun 24/07/05 at 13:50
Regular
Yeha but you're talking about Fifa. Pro Evo is godly. Pro Evo forever.
Sun 24/07/05 at 13:46
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I hate football games.

Yeah, let's go buy another pointless yearly update! For £40? That's great! Yay! \o/

I mean there is only a certain amount you can do to make it a worthy purchase. They are going to die. Ha.
Sat 23/07/05 at 15:56
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Pro Evo forever.
Sat 23/07/05 at 12:29
Regular
"8==="
Trouble is the levels are quite hard and if you make one mistake then you die and you have to start again unlike Halo which has LOADS of auto-save points.
Sat 23/07/05 at 12:27
Regular
The flying sections are utter ass and the later levels are really dull. it starts off quite well, but the game goes on longer than you want it too and I eventually got bored and never played it again.
Sat 23/07/05 at 12:20
Regular
"8==="
There's a new Turok game coming too.
Sat 23/07/05 at 12:17
Regular
"Divine Davine"
People always compared the game to Halo and Timesplitters - it was a completely style of game, and when not compared to anything, its actually quite good. I mean, the bit where the T-rex chases you down to the river is sheer class! And in return to what Hedfix has said, yeah I played the game stealthily, too. If you just peg it through the levels, you are likely going to die anyway, and everything will just seem rushed.

It's £1 now in stores, so go and buy it if you fancy some easy going fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.