GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham has £38 million price tag"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 23:38
Regular
There has been a lot of rumour about Beckham moving to Madrid and it seems it is only going to increase. Having just watched the news, the press are estimating that he will be given a £38mil price tag. Is this too much or not enough in your views?

The club is estimating that they would make £22mil of that back pretty quickly through publicity and merchandise.

So, do you think he is going to go?
Sat 26/04/03 at 10:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just a shame the mirror isn't worth wiping your bottom with otherwise i might believe it. There's always transfer rumours flying around at this time with the next, who is fergie going to sign this year, i lost count with how many players were supposed to be coming to Old Trafford last year. The likes of Roberto Carlos, Andres D'Allesandro and Patrick Kluivert were all supposedly 100% certain to be coming yet nothing happened.

Of course if Rommedahl does come then ...... oopsie :D
Fri 25/04/03 at 23:49
Regular
The mirror reckon Rommedahl is the most likely signing for Fergie saying there is a 90% chance of it happening.
Fri 25/04/03 at 21:18
Regular
twas true. He is the second now, some sprinter signed for everton from a scottish club, and i believe he has raced at the olympics!
Fri 25/04/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Seen him play a few times and Villa were after him at the beggining of the season.

He's supposed to be the fastest player in Europe.
Fri 25/04/03 at 19:33
Dennis Rommedahl would be a good buy. Fast and skilful, he plays more like Giggs than Beckham.
Fri 25/04/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
Information from ntlworld

David Beckham's dad is convinced his son wants to say with Manchester United, despite speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid.

Beckham was left out of the starting line-up when United crashed out of the Champions League to the Spanish giants on Wednesday.

That led to increased speculation that Beckham will be heading for the Bernabeu in the summer.

But dad Ted Beckham told the Manchester Evening News: "I don't think he wants to go anywhere. "He loves it at United - it's where his heart is.

"On Wednesday after the game he told me he was devastated about not being chosen for the game.

"I think he should have played but I would say that being his dad. Sir Alex Ferguson usually gets things right, this time I think he got it wrong.

"David has never said a word to me about Madrid but my gut feeling is that he will stay. I am convinced he doesn't want to leave Manchester United - it would break his heart if he did go."

Ferguson meanwhile is refusing to enter into any discussions about Beckham's future.

There has been talk that Beckham instructed his agents to set up a move to United's European conquerors within hours of Wednesday's game.

Old Trafford officials have privately denounced such talk, claiming Beckham's meeting with advisor Tony Stephens had been pre-arranged to discuss his current Pepsi endorsement and, contrary to reports, his wife Victoria was not even in Manchester let alone at the gathering itself.

Despite the denials speculation continues to rage in the tabloid press about Beckham's future.
For some tabloids it's not if Beckham heads for the Spanish capital but when as they're already talking about who United will buy with the cash they get for the England captain.

The Daily Mirror says Ferguson will get PSV's Danish winger Dennis Rommedahl as a cut-price £5million replacement for Beckham.

Meanwhile the Daily Star says United will get £30million for Beckham, and will spend two-thirds of it on Leeds pair Paul Robinson and Harry Kewell as well as young West Ham striker Jermain Defoe.

The Daily Express meanwhile says reigning European champs Real will offer Beckham a mouthwatering £8million per year to move to the Spanish capital.

They say he would get a £6million-per-year playing contract plus another £2million annually for his image rights.

Meanwhile in Spain the speculation is just as strong, with Marca claiming it has new inside info that Beckham will be in Madrid next season.

And in Diario AS Real coach Vicente del Bosque has spoken once again of his admiration for the midfielder.

"All I will say is that I have been following Beckham since he was 17 years old and I think he is an incredible footballer with enormous quality and technique."

Del Bosque added: "He is an extraordinary footballer and nobody can doubt that.

"I'm not at all surprised at what Beckham did in the half hour he was on the pitch on Wednesday night."

Bookmakers William Hill were betting 1/4 on Thursday that Beckham is still a United player at the start of the next Premiership season, and 11/4 that he leaves for another club by then.
Fri 25/04/03 at 00:31
Regular
and i bet it happens.
Fri 25/04/03 at 00:15
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
That would be a steal for a top club.
Fri 25/04/03 at 00:13
Regular
doubt he will cost much more. I will eat this virtual post if he goes for more than 15 mill. But i'd be surprised if 12 mill wasn't the fee. It is the price doubted about, he has a year and a half on his contract , he hates his manager and his manager hates him....it could end up being less!
Fri 25/04/03 at 00:11
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ashley wrote:
> Ronaldinho 12 mill

You would be very lucky to pick him up for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.