GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barthez past it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 12:49
Regular
The answer to that question, to me, is no because he was never on it. Countless matches i've seen him mess up, give him his due, he has his moments, probably one of the best at saving penalties, but he just messes up to much. I can't understand why the richest team in the world wont get a decent keeper. Well there making three big purchases this season, one of them being Ronaldinho(aparently) wahey, but lets just hope they get a new keeper, and if they do who sould it be, well i would say Toldo, there's always Buffon but he does'nt seem to be on his best form of late, and of course Oliver Kahn the greatest keeper in the world at the moment, but lets face it he's getting on a bit.
Post coments on which keeper you would like to see playing for Man Utd, or do think Barthez is good enough, comments please.
Thu 24/04/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
The answer to that question, to me, is no because he was never on it. Countless matches i've seen him mess up, give him his due, he has his moments, probably one of the best at saving penalties, but he just messes up to much. I can't understand why the richest team in the world wont get a decent keeper. Well there making three big purchases this season, one of them being Ronaldinho(aparently) wahey, but lets just hope they get a new keeper, and if they do who sould it be, well i would say Toldo, there's always Buffon but he does'nt seem to be on his best form of late, and of course Oliver Kahn the greatest keeper in the world at the moment, but lets face it he's getting on a bit.
Post coments on which keeper you would like to see playing for Man Utd, or do think Barthez is good enough, comments please.
Thu 24/04/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
I don't think Barthez is past it just yet.
Thu 24/04/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Barthez isn't past it- I think its due to his tactics- he's to adventurous- comes out of the area far too much. But he is a great reflex keeper.
Thu 24/04/03 at 13:58
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
He's not past it, he still makes some great saves...but I think he's too unreliable, too erratic.
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Barthez is very unpredictable.

He still makes some great saves but is also prone to the odd mistake every now and then, but it comes with his character.

I think he is a a decent keeper and we should keep faith with him at the moment.
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:16
Regular
They said that about seaman and look at what he did.
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
...grow his hair? ;)
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Barthez has proven before, at international-level, that he is a world-class goalkeeper. Twice, infact!
But he's never really been able to reproduce that form, enough times, for Man United, at club-level, in the Premiership.

I've always had faith in him since he first arrived, but I have to admit I am finally beginning to lose it in him, after seeing him leave his near-post wide-open to the on-coming striker - and Ronaldo's first-goal last night wasn't the first example of a shot that should've been saved, with Fabien Barthez in-goal.

I knew someone was going to bring this subject up, yet-again, as soon as Ronaldo scored last night!

But when you start talking about possible replacements, and all that, I really cannot think of any 'keeper out there who would be capable of coming in, taking the No.1 shirt, and doing a job as-good-as both Barthez and Schmeichel have done for 'United in the past.

Nope. I don't even think Turkey's Rustu is quite up to the job!

So, we're stuck with him, untill Roy Carroll gains some more experience...
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Solskjær wrote:
> untill Roy Carroll gains some more experience...

and learn how to kick straight!
Thu 24/04/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Ferguson doesn't seem fussed that half the team is past it. Keane most obviously looks a shadow of his former self. Veron hasn't done anything all season either, yet still gets a regular game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.