GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"where have all the flower gone?? *cough* i mean, original games :|"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 11:54
Regular
Being part of *i figure* generation Y as im not old enoguh to be part of X, I remember quite alot of gamign history. Every year there seemed to me a large amount of games ranging from frogger to final fantasy. And Pong to Project IGI. All from decent companys with new ideas and great plots.

But it seem since 1998 decent orignal games have been declining. Theres just been fewer and fewer games that dont already have a history. There are less and less new games, but more sequels. Soul reaver TWO, Black and white TWO, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (#5 in the series), Ultima 9, Final Fantasy 10-2!! And truck loads of other examples of the same idea remixed and spat out to make the compants a bundle of money.

The Final Fantasy series created new worlds and new creatures each time, thus ending the games being the same, and the difference being nil. But now with the sequel of Final Fantasy 10 it seems evan the sequels to games have sequels, and all games are going to be redone with a partly different idea. There were ideas of them redoing FF7, F88 and ff9 with ps2 grahpcs and re-releasing them. It seems the world has run out of decent people with colorful imaginiations.

Evan games such as the Petz by Ubisoft, although unsucsessful are bringing out a 5th version of there sereies of virtual pet games.

The sims is the best example of this. There ont he 6th expanison pack, and with the Sims Online and there Deluxe paackages of games, there seems to be no calming the storm of these corny add-ons.

What happened to the new games? The newest are being pulled from old books and legends such as robin hood and lord of the rings. will it take films such as x-men and the incredible hulk to storm new ideas back onto our screens and consoles?

Tell me ur thoughts.

Elfman
Thu 24/04/03 at 13:02
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
crap sorry :| posted this in the wrong thread!! Delete at ur leasure
Thu 24/04/03 at 11:54
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
Being part of *i figure* generation Y as im not old enoguh to be part of X, I remember quite alot of gamign history. Every year there seemed to me a large amount of games ranging from frogger to final fantasy. And Pong to Project IGI. All from decent companys with new ideas and great plots.

But it seem since 1998 decent orignal games have been declining. Theres just been fewer and fewer games that dont already have a history. There are less and less new games, but more sequels. Soul reaver TWO, Black and white TWO, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (#5 in the series), Ultima 9, Final Fantasy 10-2!! And truck loads of other examples of the same idea remixed and spat out to make the compants a bundle of money.

The Final Fantasy series created new worlds and new creatures each time, thus ending the games being the same, and the difference being nil. But now with the sequel of Final Fantasy 10 it seems evan the sequels to games have sequels, and all games are going to be redone with a partly different idea. There were ideas of them redoing FF7, F88 and ff9 with ps2 grahpcs and re-releasing them. It seems the world has run out of decent people with colorful imaginiations.

Evan games such as the Petz by Ubisoft, although unsucsessful are bringing out a 5th version of there sereies of virtual pet games.

The sims is the best example of this. There ont he 6th expanison pack, and with the Sims Online and there Deluxe paackages of games, there seems to be no calming the storm of these corny add-ons.

What happened to the new games? The newest are being pulled from old books and legends such as robin hood and lord of the rings. will it take films such as x-men and the incredible hulk to storm new ideas back onto our screens and consoles?

Tell me ur thoughts.

Elfman

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.