GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man United Vs Real Madrid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 09:16
Regular
Wow what a goal from Beckham, and what a goal from Ronaldo, that was the best game of football i've seen this season.

I thought Man u had a chance of getting the goals back and they might have done if it wasn't for real doing a spot or two of timewasting near the start of extra time.
Thu 24/04/03 at 19:06
Listen, mate, scoring 4 against Real Madrid is nothing special. Their defence was awful. Awful I tell you. The defences problems was summed up by the own goal, throughout the game there was a complete lack of communication. In fact, it could have been much, much more, if not for Iker Casillas.

And I cannot believe anyone who saw the first leg in the Bernabeu thought that that match was better to watch. Except maybe Manchester Utd. supporters. The first half was utterly incredible. Raul was the best player on the pitch, closely followed by Zidane, Figo and Roberto Carlos. No Man Utd. player came close.
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Long time no see!"
As soon as I heard the confirmed team news, with Solskjaer starting in Beckham's place, I felt Fergie had made the right descision - yet again!

But after seeing Beckham come on, score that free-kick, and tap-in another; I was beginning to think that maybe it wasn't such a bright-idea, after all...

I think Fergie's now trying to get the best back out of Beckham - who is nothing like the player he used to be, since he started raking-in that £100,000, every-week. He's now showing him he has to actually fight for his place, and that places aren't given out to players for nothing.

So, he's still doing the right thing, and showing that money-grabber that he'll have to earn his place if he still wants to represent the club he, apparently, 'loves'.

I found the match itself to be very-entertaining - and a lot of that was down to a fantastic first-half performance from John O'Shea. What a nut-meg! And Luis Figo - of all people - was the man who suffered! :D
But he still didn't look quite fit-enough, to me. And I think that's why we didn't see him darting up the left-wing, too often, like he should've.

Veron is another player I do not belive should've started. Sure, he almost scored a precise volley, and had his moments of 'flair', but he never looked fully-fit either, and I believe he was only really rushed-in, just because of his European experience, and how he seems to love playing in the Champions' League. But perhaps Beckham should've started in his place?

Our defence was quite shocking, really - not that they can really be that badly blamed, though, with players like Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Figo, and Zidane on the other-side. We clearly lacked the experience Fergie needs to find this Summer in the transfer market. Perhaps Laurent Blanc should've played, even if he couldn't quite keep-up with the pace? Or what about Roy Keane dropping-back, with someone else replacing him in midfield? -- just like Ron Atkinson suggested.

Our attack looks superb, with Solskjaer and Giggs supporting van Nistelrooy from out-wide... I can't wait 'till Scholes is back, or when Veron's fully-fit again....!! :D

And just like in the first-leg, I can only see us coming back from this and going on to win superbly within our final-three league-games of the season -- securing our place a point-or-two above Arsénal, as Premier League Champions for 2003! :)

We scored 4 against *REAL MADRID*... There's not that much wrong with our team! ;)
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Ole didn't have a great game yesterday. By his standards he would have had at least a couple of goals in the match.

Im not even disputing the team selection, Ole has been on great form recently and deserves his place in the side ahead of Beckham

The media and some people seem to be preaching on about why Beckham wasn't playing, erm no sorry we just outplayed 3 of the best teams in the premeirship with this same team.

Becks hasn't been on great form in the last month or so and did poorly against Real Madrid in the first leg, but since he scored a couple of goals - the media BS begins.

A total smoke screen over the fact that we shot ourseleves in the foot in the first leg, had a mountain to climb and did our best but Real just had that little bit more than us.

Simple.
Thu 24/04/03 at 14:12
Regular
Yet he missed the easiest free header I have ever seen. :cP
Thu 24/04/03 at 12:37
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
Beckhams goal was a classic better than any of ronaldo's, but he got a hat trick so he has nothing to feel bad about, probably one of tyhe best matches i've seen yet. Man Utd, i thought for a minute had the match and the goals to go through, but Ronaldo just proved how good he is.
Still I was happy to see Solsjkaer get a starting line up place, and even though he didnt score I felt he played amazing and Sir Alex made a good dicision in playing him. OLE OLE OLE!!!!!
Thu 24/04/03 at 11:38
Regular
"Wobble"
Doughnut Monster© wrote:
> and what a goal from Ronaldo

Heh! Which one?

I dunno - Real score 5 goals, lose 4-3 and still go through.

It's a funny ol' game!

Great game, better result!
Thu 24/04/03 at 09:16
"I hate that!!!"
Wow what a goal from Beckham, and what a goal from Ronaldo, that was the best game of football i've seen this season.

I thought Man u had a chance of getting the goals back and they might have done if it wasn't for real doing a spot or two of timewasting near the start of extra time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.