GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm unhinged"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 07:01
Regular
I just dislocated my little finger hefting a 28" widescreen television up to my bedroom. (The things you do at a quarter to seven in the morning).

Amazingly for me, I don't actually watch any television, there isn't even an aerial socket in my room. It's just for gaming, which is nice because I was using a 14" portable before that didn't even support 60Hz framerates.

I managed to straighten out my little finger, gave it a tug and it popped back into place (at least I think the 'pop' sound was a good sign, everything seems OK except I can't type with it yet due to the pain).

The point of this post apart from the opportunity to take advantage of a witty topic title?

The point is: At the age of 36 I'd thought I'd seen it all and done it all. And yet today is the first time in my entire life that I've actually dislocated one of my own bits of anatomy. So next time you're bored of life, remember this post and ponder on the fact that no matter how bored you are, something interesting could happen at any time.
Thu 24/04/03 at 22:59
Regular
I put my back out at the first pool game of the summer league tonight.
Had to take a taxi home, popped paracetamol and lay on the floor for a couple of hours. Fricking most boring painful crap thing in the world.

So yay, exciting things can happen to you at any moment.

Fortunately none of the other pubs have such low ceilings, so I should be okay next time...
Odd though, that's all I can think of that could have caused it, bending under the low beam in the ceiling and bending down to the table.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to try and find some position where I don't hurt.
Thu 24/04/03 at 21:54
Regular
"That's right!"
I dislocated my brother's arm in a fight once when I was a kid. Don't know how I did it. My mum had to pop it back in. Ha ha, that learned him. Stopped him bullying me for about, hmm... a day?
Thu 24/04/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Light of the world"
DAMNIT IT BEARDS... I thought i had an amazing little finger as I can pull it right back - not quite to the back of my hand though!
Thu 24/04/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I can bend my right little finger back so that it touches the back of my hand. I dislocate fingers all the time, now they just pop back in with little effort and swell up a tiny bit for a day or two.
Thu 24/04/03 at 07:12
Regular
Dislocated my shoulder half an hour into my mid-wales div. 2 debut this summer.
My glittering career was brought to an untimely end.

Mine sounded a bit like a ping-pong ball on concrete as it popped back in, followed by it immediately hurting a lot less.
Not sure what kind of noise a finger makes, but if it was like that show you saw in Thailand, it was probably dislocated :^)
Thu 24/04/03 at 07:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I just dislocated my little finger hefting a 28" widescreen television up to my bedroom. (The things you do at a quarter to seven in the morning).

Amazingly for me, I don't actually watch any television, there isn't even an aerial socket in my room. It's just for gaming, which is nice because I was using a 14" portable before that didn't even support 60Hz framerates.

I managed to straighten out my little finger, gave it a tug and it popped back into place (at least I think the 'pop' sound was a good sign, everything seems OK except I can't type with it yet due to the pain).

The point of this post apart from the opportunity to take advantage of a witty topic title?

The point is: At the age of 36 I'd thought I'd seen it all and done it all. And yet today is the first time in my entire life that I've actually dislocated one of my own bits of anatomy. So next time you're bored of life, remember this post and ponder on the fact that no matter how bored you are, something interesting could happen at any time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.