GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"Outside?"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/01/09 at 01:13
Regular
A short story I had written awhile ago.

1st Day

Jonathan entered the house in which he, his father, and his grandfather had been born. His wife, Mary, was cooking his breakfast in the kitchen. Jonathan noticed a gleam out the window. What was outside? Jonathan shrugged his shoulders then went on with his day.

2nd Day

The gleam was still outside the window that next morning. Jonathan squinted his eyes, yet couldn't see. He went outside his door and around the corner to where the gleam was. When he got to the spot, nothing was there.
"Huh?"
Jonathan thought. I could've sworn it was there. Jonathan went back inside and went on with his day.

3rd Day

Jonathan began to get annoyed with this gleam outside the window. He asked his wife Mary if she saw anything, her only reply was,
"What gleam? Jonathan I think you better check your glasses to see if they're on properly."
Jonathan couldn't believe Mary wasn't able to see it, it was so noticable it wasn't even funny!

4th Day

Jonathan became extremely agitated with the gleam outside his window. He grabbed his tape and walked towards the window to seal it when he noticed something strange. It wasn't his face when he saw the reflection. It was someone else. Jonathan pivoted around. No one was behind him. When he looked back, he saw his reflection. "I must be going mad."

5th Day

Jonathan began to scream at the window, all of the tape had been taken off mysteriously. It wasn't Mary, as she had left yesterday to care for her little sister who was in a car accident.
Jonathan went upstairs and shut himself in his room for the rest of the day.

6th Day
Jonathan got rope from the shed. He went up to his room and began to tie the noose when he heard a bang at the window. He ran down with his shotgun, "Finally I'll figure out what's been going on." He ran to the window. Now there were several gleams going off. Jonathan pointed the shotgun at his head and pulled the trigger.

7th Day

Jonathan's suicide had gotten the whole neighborhood shaking. What exactly happened? A few miles away, a construction crew was finished and began to move, Fred, the manager of the whole operation, wondered about the suicide, and if the company here was at risk of whatever had happened to Jonathan. But oh well, they had asked for solar panels and they got them.

The End.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 26/01/09 at 01:13
Regular
A short story I had written awhile ago.

1st Day

Jonathan entered the house in which he, his father, and his grandfather had been born. His wife, Mary, was cooking his breakfast in the kitchen. Jonathan noticed a gleam out the window. What was outside? Jonathan shrugged his shoulders then went on with his day.

2nd Day

The gleam was still outside the window that next morning. Jonathan squinted his eyes, yet couldn't see. He went outside his door and around the corner to where the gleam was. When he got to the spot, nothing was there.
"Huh?"
Jonathan thought. I could've sworn it was there. Jonathan went back inside and went on with his day.

3rd Day

Jonathan began to get annoyed with this gleam outside the window. He asked his wife Mary if she saw anything, her only reply was,
"What gleam? Jonathan I think you better check your glasses to see if they're on properly."
Jonathan couldn't believe Mary wasn't able to see it, it was so noticable it wasn't even funny!

4th Day

Jonathan became extremely agitated with the gleam outside his window. He grabbed his tape and walked towards the window to seal it when he noticed something strange. It wasn't his face when he saw the reflection. It was someone else. Jonathan pivoted around. No one was behind him. When he looked back, he saw his reflection. "I must be going mad."

5th Day

Jonathan began to scream at the window, all of the tape had been taken off mysteriously. It wasn't Mary, as she had left yesterday to care for her little sister who was in a car accident.
Jonathan went upstairs and shut himself in his room for the rest of the day.

6th Day
Jonathan got rope from the shed. He went up to his room and began to tie the noose when he heard a bang at the window. He ran down with his shotgun, "Finally I'll figure out what's been going on." He ran to the window. Now there were several gleams going off. Jonathan pointed the shotgun at his head and pulled the trigger.

7th Day

Jonathan's suicide had gotten the whole neighborhood shaking. What exactly happened? A few miles away, a construction crew was finished and began to move, Fred, the manager of the whole operation, wondered about the suicide, and if the company here was at risk of whatever had happened to Jonathan. But oh well, they had asked for solar panels and they got them.

The End.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.