GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help me with my problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/04/03 at 14:27
Regular
OK after upgrading to XP I discovered that Nero was buggered so I've been using Media Player to write music CDs, which hardly ever works and when it does writes very slowly. Also my CD-RW drive only works with a specific type of Memorex CD-R and won't work with anything else.

I have a laptop that has a CDRW drive and works fine at burning music and so I was wondering if you guys know a way I can connect my laptop to my PC and send all my mp3s down onto my laptop for burning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tue 22/04/03 at 15:34
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> Network them. I'm guessing your laptop has a network port, you may
> need to buy a network card for your PC and some crossover cable, but
> it won't come to more than ten to fifteen quid.

Check on the back of your pc near the mouse, keyboard port to see if there is a network port there...
Tue 22/04/03 at 15:30
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Not really the answer to how to transfer files, but - try upgrading to the latest version of Nero which can be downloaded from www.nero.com and you *might* need to update the inbuilt "drivers" on your CDRW to fix that only writing to one type of disc problem.

I got a Special Reserve PC with a combo CDRW/DVD drive and it refused to burn to CDRWs (could do CDRs OK) without flashing the drive to the latest version, so that might help.
Tue 22/04/03 at 15:17
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Network them. I'm guessing your laptop has a network port, you may need to buy a network card for your PC and some crossover cable, but it won't come to more than ten to fifteen quid.
Tue 22/04/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Lots of ways...

Email them to yourself and download them onto your Laptop, only if you have broadband.

Just write them all slowly to a CD and copy them to your laptop.

Link the two things together with, in the words of ftozzi, '2 network cards and a load of wire.'

You pick.
Tue 22/04/03 at 14:27
Regular
"keep your receipt"
OK after upgrading to XP I discovered that Nero was buggered so I've been using Media Player to write music CDs, which hardly ever works and when it does writes very slowly. Also my CD-RW drive only works with a specific type of Memorex CD-R and won't work with anything else.

I have a laptop that has a CDRW drive and works fine at burning music and so I was wondering if you guys know a way I can connect my laptop to my PC and send all my mp3s down onto my laptop for burning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.