GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need a Hobby!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/04/03 at 00:12
Regular
Well, it's the Easter and as usual I am wasting it at home. So, I was thinking I need a hobby so I have something to do and concentrate on. So, I thought I would leave it to the bright sparks in the SR forums to help me out.

Preferably I would like something outside and I am not very music orientated. But I like all sports and I am quite smart.

Ideas (for a hobby)
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:32
Regular
i have only lost my temper once on the golf course towards some on else. It was a busy day so we were having to wait for all the groups ahead t take their shots and there was some aggressive pikey bloke behind us who always took his shots to soon before we got out of range even though there was the most ridiculous backlog on the course ever (one of those days when its not a pleasure to play). After 2 near misses i asked him to be more careful, then he hit my golf bag with ashot a couple of holes later, i then had a rant at him, a couple of holes later he missed my mate by about 3 inches of his head and his ball stopped about 2 yards short from the lake. Needless to say it got a helping hand to its eventual destination, and i felt a lot happier for it. And proceeded to rant at him (he probably didn't listen as i was only about 15 at the time, but he seemed to play safer afterwards!) Felt a little bit guilty and its probably best that he didn't know i had done it, but the man was a danger. And that was the one time i got particularly pisssed of with another golfer and thats in about 12 years of golf! He was crap and dangerous and given a chance i would gladly have beaten him round the head with a driver
Thu 24/04/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Ashley wrote:
> I was on the 10th hole of my local course and we had caught up with
> some women who had teed of an hour previously. I have a 8 handicap,
> and you would not believe how crap this woman was she had played 14
> strokes and gone about 170 yards including one which may have gone
> backwards! (no joke) on the two previous holes we had asked if we
> could play through and she said "no i have paid the same money as
> you wait your turn" so when we asked politely again and the same
> answer again we were ever so slightly pisssed off!

Me and a pal had a thing like that with two old guys a couple of years ago. They were rubbish and kept taking ages to do anything - not only taking loads of shots but spending five minutes getting set up for each one. So eventually they take a seat at one of the tees and we ask, just out of politness because they were just sitting there, if we could play through. One of them got all annoyed and started moaning about how we'd been rushing them all morning and all sorts of junk. After his rant his old partner said they really should let us kids get on while they rested, so we head on, tee off etc and tell them to have a good day. The green on this hole was at the bottom of quite a hill and just as I'm finishing off a ball comes flying past my left ear, missing by inches as the old fool suddenly found out how to play, but unfortunately forgot to give any warning or simply give us the ten seconds we would have taken to be off and on the next tee.

Too many people who get all into the social, society back-slapping side of it and forget that it's a game.
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:21
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Memorandum wrote:
> Write the screenplay to the next Tron film.

Talking of Tron, that was cancelled on the BBC schedule and I was looking forward to that.

Oh yeah, thanks a lot for your ideas. (no sarcasm)

I might start a Martial Art, but the day trip thing seems a bit like something I would do when I am older not when I'm 15 (my parents might be against that). Reading a book seems to me to be more like a chore than a hobby because the idea was I wanted to get out more and keep fitter. As for golf, which I love, I will carry on playing but there really isn't a course that is good near me, which is a problem.
I might start writing scripts for films as I enjoy writing and love films. Anyway, thanks for your help and keep up the good ideas.
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Write the screenplay to the next Tron film.
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:05
"The Will of D."
Why don't you read a book? or even complete a Jigsaw puzzle? They require you to think and use you mind.
Wed 23/04/03 at 19:06
Regular
"wow"
How about traveling on day trips to places, you need money but its so fun. Did you know there was aday trip to Egypt. Or if your in the mood go to Amsterdam, wink wink.
Wed 23/04/03 at 18:59
Regular
Old man collecting maybe?
Egg smashing perhaps?

I'm all out of ideas.
Wed 23/04/03 at 18:51
Regular
I know what you mean about some golfers being a pain. I don't mind if any golfer regardless of sex is a poor player, and the majority of women are more than happy to let you play through, but when you get a crap woman with attitude it is so annoying.

I was on the 10th hole of my local course and we had caught up with some women who had teed of an hour previously. I have a 8 handicap, and you would not believe how crap this woman was she had played 14 strokes and gone about 170 yards including one which may have gone backwards! (no joke) on the two previous holes we had asked if we could play through and she said "no i have paid the same money as you wait your turn" so when we asked politely again and the same answer again we were ever so slightly pisssed off! In a display of equally bad etiquette i went bach to the tee and took my drive anyway most beautiful connection ever, sailed over her head, caught the down slope and rolled to the edge of the green on the edge of the short par 4. My friend did a pretty good drive too, but the woman was so embarrassed that she didn't dare say anything, needles to say we watched her as we went down the next fairway and we think she got it in for 22. As I said i don't mind if people are bad, but they can at least abide to the etiquitte of the game, and be considerate towards other players.
Tue 22/04/03 at 17:10
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Paintballing.

It's great. Good Social event, keep's you fit, not all that expensive compaired to other extreme sports. The fastest growing extreme sport in the UK. 4th most played sport in the US. Dam good fun. What more do you want?
Tue 22/04/03 at 14:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Golf's something I'd like to get into when I'm older, as I've had a desire to play it for some time. A few of us went down to a driving range for a laugh, and we were all quite shocked to see that I was the best out of the group, as I could actually hit the ball, and get it further than everyone else. I'd never hit a golf ball in my life, but I'd seen enough TV to know what to do. Damn, my mate Fos was a whole HEAP of badness there... Don't think I could convince them to go again, since most of them sucked big time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.