GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rooney facing 'spitting' probe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/04/03 at 17:53
Regular
England striker Wayne Rooney is facing a police investigation after allegations he spat at Liverpool fans during Saturday's Merseyside Derby

The 17-year-old Everton forward was reported to have spit on the pitch in front of visiting fans during the second half, provoking a furious response.

The match, which Everton lost 2-1, was an ill-tempered affair with Goodison pair David Weir and Gary Naysmith sent off late on.

A police spokesman told the Liverpool Daily Post: "We are aware of an incident. We now have sufficient witnesses and do not need any more to come forward.

"We will be making enquiries as soon as possible and liaising with both clubs."

Everton's head of corporate affairs and public relations Ian Ross said: "We will speak with Merseyside Police within the next 24 hours. It would be inappropriate to make any further comment until we have done so."

The Football Association are waiting for the official match report before making any comment on any alleged incidents during the game.
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
?
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
AfroJoe wrote:

He spat - get your toys back in your prams and get over it.
-------------------

You get YOUR toys back in YOUR pram...s.

:P
Tue 22/04/03 at 22:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
If it was Michael Owen the Liverpool fans would be saying that he was watering the grass or something and the Everton fans would be on their feet shouting about how he aimed at them.

It's just club rivalry - if it was any other club than Liverpool I don't think they'd probably care.

He spat - get your toys back in your prams and get over it.
Tue 22/04/03 at 22:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
El Blokey wrote:
> Looking menacingly at someone and then spitting on the ground isn't a
> crime.

...He spat in the direction of the fans, not the floor.

Anyway, I don't mind much, but if he does it again then he needs to be taught a lesson...just like Liverpool taught Everton a lesson. :D
Tue 22/04/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, what else could they expect from a 17-year-old who lives in a council estate?!?!?

:D
Tue 22/04/03 at 11:16
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Looking menacingly at someone and then spitting on the ground isn't a crime.
Tue 22/04/03 at 10:11
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Spitting on Scousers?

I thought that was being friendly to them...

;)
Tue 22/04/03 at 01:01
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
No, the 'spitting' incident isn't what's being investigated; it's the fact that yes, he WAS right by the touchline, and he looked menacingly at the crowd before spitting, insinuating that it was them he was spitting at.

He may well have just put two fingers up in their direction.
Tue 22/04/03 at 00:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Those Liverpool fans need to learn that footballers occasionally have to spit.

Hell, they probably do it enough anyway.

He spat - get over it.
Mon 21/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
English_Bloke wrote:
Their investigations will require
> that they see how he behaves during matches, so the entire Mersey
> force will be given season tickets to Everton games.

I thought it was the criminals who were meant to be punished? Ah well

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.