GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""All Those Tanks Were Just To Scare Us"...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/04/03 at 19:29
Regular
Yep, that and more have been uttered by certain people and sections of the media. The decisions to deploy troops and armoured vehicles, and the whole caboodle of military personnel to the country's major airports was greeted with the usual liberal cynicism.

With war on Iraq looming, and Tony trying to garner support from an apathetic public, the common idea was that there was no threat but that the measures had been taken to scare us, sheep style, into believing this country was at risk from terrorism. Apparently, and often forgotten, the discovery of several terrorist cells in London with ricin was not enough to do that.

Nope, the sight of Chinook helicopters disgorging squaddies onto Heathrow's green fields was all one big PR stunt to get the public behind a war.

And, as usual, just like with other recent events, the doubters now have egg on their faces to compliment the other stuff coming from their mouths.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/ article/0,,30000-12290646,00.html

The plot was real.

But, and I'm predicting the rebuttals here, maybe this is also a bit of PR from the government ? Hardly, as there was no need to rake up the story if the only aim was to lie about it. And with the government wanting to promote UK tourism then Legoland would hardly be the best of places to use in such deception.

No, the threat was real, and prevented by the high profile deployment we all saw, and who some chose to ridicule.

Remember that nothing is now beyond belief in today's world. Just because it seems weird, or unheralded, or stupid, doesn't mean it is not a real threat or a real response.

After all, these are "interesting times".
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
This place has become more retarded than chat was before the abolishment of GAD.

about three people constantly arguing over points no-one else cares about.

belldandy, an otherwise mortal enemy of mine, seems to be the main target of abuse and bloody pointless questions and a 'blah blah bellend is scared of me and is gay and has no willy' response when he tries to ignore you. okay, his opinions may have been ill-founded, or innapropriate, or just stupid, that doesn't give you the sodding run of life forums just to make sure he understands your gayhead cack arguments.

how can you honestly justify this over ACTUALLY FUNNY 'Fridge' topics.

I'm off to chat, were thay can have fun without throwing a spasmo fit and raging about in their 'what pinochet did with the BBC in the girls toilets' threads.
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Twiddly wrote:

>
> Don't even bother counting me in the same league as you. I've quietly
> watched on as you've persecuted some childish and pathetic "war
> of words" with Belldandy under his numerous forum accounts.
> You've pointed out some inconsistencies, you've caught him out on a
> few lies. Great. Beyond that, no-one cares.

You're assuming I want anyone here to care. As I've said; I'm not playing to the gallery, and I don't quite understand why you expect me to.

~shrugs~ Still, your opinion and I'm not knocking it.
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:12
Light wrote:
> Incidentally, for someone posting about how all the abusive langage
> and immaturity on the board is putting him off, that was a fabulously
> abusive and immature rant. Nice one.

Don't even bother counting me in the same league as you. I've quietly watched on as you've persecuted some childish and pathetic "war of words" with Belldandy under his numerous forum accounts. You've pointed out some inconsistencies, you've caught him out on a few lies. Great. Beyond that, no-one cares. You want some respect? Walk away and let the subject drop.

I'm outta here. I'm not getting dragged into this implausibly stupid "debate" any further than I already have.
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Twiddly wrote:
> Light wrote:
> ~sigh~ Check out the prostitution thread. Feel free to add to the
> debate actually. It would be nice if someone would actually address
> the questions I've put to Bell, instead of running away and
> crying....
>
> Do you seriously think I'm even marginally interested in having a
> discussion with you? If I put so much as one step "out of
> line" with your own beiefs, I'll likely trigger an epic "I
> know you are, I said you are but what am i" argument that will
> only end when I either concede that I am wrong for not thinking in
> exact accordance with your own morals and beliefs or I simply
> disappear and never again post anything on the forums.
>
> You make me sick.

Do I? That is a shame. My apologies for upsetting you so.

Incidentally, for someone posting about how all the abusive langage and immaturity on the board is putting him off, that was a fabulously abusive and immature rant. Nice one.
Tue 08/07/03 at 17:01
Light wrote:
> ~sigh~ Check out the prostitution thread. Feel free to add to the
> debate actually. It would be nice if someone would actually address
> the questions I've put to Bell, instead of running away and crying....

Do you seriously think I'm even marginally interested in having a discussion with you? If I put so much as one step "out of line" with your own beiefs, I'll likely trigger an epic "I know you are, I said you are but what am i" argument that will only end when I either concede that I am wrong for not thinking in exact accordance with your own morals and beliefs or I simply disappear and never again post anything on the forums.

You make me sick.
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:58
All I'm saying is that everyone involved in this elongated dummy spitting feud - EVERYONE INVOLVED IN IT - should be shot and fed through the same grinding wire that makes chicken nuggets.

You people should be ashamed.
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Twiddly wrote:
> Oh sod this. So much for "intelligent discussion". It's like
> being back in the first school playground.
>
> "Belldandy smells of wee!"
> "yeah! hahahahahahahaha!
> "no i don't!!"
> "YES MEANS NO AND NO MEANS YES!!!"
>
> If by saying "intelligent discussion" we actually mean to
> say "retarded gutter talk", then it's spot on.

~sigh~ Check out the prostitution thread. Feel free to add to the debate actually. It would be nice if someone would actually address the questions I've put to Bell, instead of running away and crying....
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
All I'm saying is that this is odd, the timing of two posts is all.
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:49
Oh sod this. So much for "intelligent discussion". It's like being back in the first school playground.

"Belldandy smells of wee!"
"yeah! hahahahahahahaha!
"no i don't!!"
"YES MEANS NO AND NO MEANS YES!!!"

If by saying "intelligent discussion" we actually mean to say "retarded gutter talk", then it's spot on.
Tue 08/07/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Practical Magic wrote:

>
> You seem to think everyone should reply to your horseshit as well, in
> fact you spew so much of it that I'm surprised you can see the
> keyboard. And if you can see it then the keys are probably stuck.

What a surprise.....

Point: Bell does this

Bell's Counterpoint: So do you.

More cowardice on your part Bell. Like I say; put up or shut up. And if you're going to insult me, do with a bit of panache.

And in the name of all that is holy, get laid will you? The stench of naive, self important virginity is starting to permeate everything you write here...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.