GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many times?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/01/01 at 17:50
Regular
How many times do you watch a film?

With DVD there is even more reason to go back to a film. You can watch it with the commentary switched on, or just play about with the extras. But once you've seen a film, is there really any point going back and watching it again?

My wife often asks me why I buy films instead of just watching them once (before she settles down to watch another repeat of Ghost or Dirty Dancing on TV) and the reasons I give her is that:

I enjoy the reassurance of seeing something where I know what will happen amd I know the characters.

I like to see a film again in case I missed anything the first (second, or third) time around. Many films have bits that are hidden to most viewers until the second viewing.

I really love some films enough to watch them until I know each line off by heart (well, nearly but you get the idea)

I just do. Which is, after all, the best reply you can give to something like this.
Sat 27/01/01 at 18:40
Regular
"^_^"
Well many people like computer games, once completed you play again don't you. Well I do! It's the same with films, If you like something then you will watch it again. It's like a hobby, say you like Manchester United. You might follow them for one season and they win the Premiership then they do the same for the next two years. But you still support them even though you know that they will win, when they are half-way through the season and they are 11 points clear you don't just stop supporting them do you. My friend has just bought Kevin and Perry go large and personaly I think it's brilliant. Well he has watched this film every day since Christmas., and he still isn't bored of it. Probably because the film is excellent and really funny. So it's what he likes. Some people like other films like my Dad who likes James Bond film's ha can't get enough of the World is Not Enough. I think people buy videos to watch again when they are in the mood. As you said because you know what will happen you aren't going to have to watch it really carefully. Also I am 13 so when I am with my friends we lke to watch films, sometimes again. If you haven't got any videos then you haven't got anything to watch. Again another thing is about having a video to watch over and over again is if you miss something or want to know something you can just put it in and watch it to find out.
Fri 26/01/01 at 18:47
That is perhaps what separates a great film from merely a good film. Great films can be watched time and time again, like the Indiana Jones, and original Starwars films!
Fri 26/01/01 at 17:50
"possibly impossible"
How many times do you watch a film?

With DVD there is even more reason to go back to a film. You can watch it with the commentary switched on, or just play about with the extras. But once you've seen a film, is there really any point going back and watching it again?

My wife often asks me why I buy films instead of just watching them once (before she settles down to watch another repeat of Ghost or Dirty Dancing on TV) and the reasons I give her is that:

I enjoy the reassurance of seeing something where I know what will happen amd I know the characters.

I like to see a film again in case I missed anything the first (second, or third) time around. Many films have bits that are hidden to most viewers until the second viewing.

I really love some films enough to watch them until I know each line off by heart (well, nearly but you get the idea)

I just do. Which is, after all, the best reply you can give to something like this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.