GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skins series 3 - Thursday night E4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/09 at 17:29
Regular
So, the third series of Skins is starting this thursday (22nd) on E4. Having watched the firs two and thought they were possible one of the best things I've seen on telly, I'm looking forward to the new series.

This time around Effy is to be the main character, and a "friend" of hers, Pandora, who made an appearance in S2 is back, apart from that it's an all new cast.

So, anyone else looking forward to this? What do you think of the fact they've ditched most of the original cast and are going with an all new line up?
Sat 28/03/09 at 23:17
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Pleasantly surprised by this season. Started out good and got even better midway through but have to say I was disappointed by the last episode. A lack of a real cliffhanger means I won't be too bothered waiting till next year for season 4. Other than that it was a fun way to spend and hour each Thursday :)
Fri 27/03/09 at 17:29
Regular
Thought this series started off rubbish. Got a lot better in the middle (Naomi & JJs episodes in particular), but the last two episodes have left me a little... meh.
Fri 27/03/09 at 15:01
Regular
I've certainly found I care very little about this season. I have watched every episode, like I did with the first 2 seasons... but I only kept on watching this season to cure my boredom. And it only just managed that...
Fri 27/03/09 at 14:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
motomoto wrote:
> Compared to the first season though, the ending of this season
> was awful.

Most shows compared to the first season ending are awful. I don't know what you expected but i got what i wanted from that ending. My only issue was it was basically split into two episodes and last weeks was better.

> If they were to continue on to their second year at
> college... What would the story line be? Everything is near
> enough resolved now.

Effy bashing in Katies head? Cook still not being ok with himself or Freffy? Naomily and Panda/Thomas as an established couple. Stuff from this season needed to be resolved or people would just keep complaining if the same stuff carried on.
Fri 27/03/09 at 14:12
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Compared to the first season though, the ending of this season was awful. If they were to continue on to their second year at college... What would the story line be? Everything is near enough resolved now...
Fri 27/03/09 at 00:16
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pretty good finale, my only problem is it was essentially broken up into two episodes. Cooks breakdown was always going the moment of the season and as predicted it took something extreme to do it. His father was cruel bordering on evil.
Fri 27/02/09 at 04:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
That was a bloody exceptional episode for reasons entirely different to anything else we've seen this season and it's great to see that the girls really can act.
Skins has finally found something resembling an adult soul and relationship instead of slightly shallow teen romance. What i have always loved about this programme is that when things come to breaking point, you get the truth; brutal, devastating and with no sentimentality or fluff. Emily's mini-speech as Naomi is walking away with her bike is a perfect example and the first really effective moment since Tony saying goodbye to Sid at the end of Season 2.
I know the Freddie/Effy/Cook thing is supposed to be the focus of this season but it's the least interesting story going at the moment.
Mon 23/02/09 at 17:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm starting to feel the structure is holding things back. We had the Thomas episode which segued into Pandora's and then nothing because the focus went back to Freddie/Effy/Cook. The same happened with the twins and Naomi although that resumes this week.
What i like with this season is you can see a general route that it's going but the characters are unpredictable enough as to how it's going to happen. The fight between Cook and Freddie is going to escalate with JJ caught in the middle, Effy will likely decide she does actually want Freddie at which point i hope he tells her to get lost (in a very Gone With The Wind moment), straight twin is going to screw over her sister and anything could happen between Pandora and Thomas.
Cook is the most interesting at the moment, like an extreme version of Tony. The difference being Tony realised when he'd gone too far and it's going to take something huge for Cook to do the same.
Mon 23/02/09 at 17:30
Regular
Freddie is my favourite =D I thought he was going to be really similiar to Tony but he suprised me, and his episode was really sad. He deals with everything really maturely though.

Pandora's adorable. She was looking really nice in her episode. I'm quite sad, yet at the same time happy about the whole her and Cook thing.

JJ is really interesting and I can't wait for his episode.

I lost interest in the twins after finding out the fit one is gay =|
Mon 23/02/09 at 16:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It always takes a while to build up but as with the other series, if you stick with it long enough you're rewarded. Cook was someone i was ready to hate before this series even started because you know the type, the first episode didn't do anything to dispel that but the longer it goes he suprises you. He's a strange mix of seemingly nice guy, utter ba**ard, all the while being totally unhinged. Also seems to have a slightly religious side, believing in things happening, waiting for signs etc. He does seem to have gone fully down the ba**ard route now though.
I don't know which episode it is this week but I'm waiting for JJ's. There is a strange dynamic between the 3 boys and i want to know why JJ always sticks with Cook instead of Freddie the fun sponge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.