GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Inferno"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/04/03 at 22:10
Regular
My decline began with random acts of vandalism.
The kicking over of litter bins. Bricks thrown through shop windows. The trashing of public phone booths. The spraying of graffiti on the walls of suburban houses.

Mid those nights of recklessness, my internal self-destruct button was well and truly pressed.

Then came the violence.
Brawls in pub car parks. Dishing out kickings to supporters of the wrong team. Assaulting strangers for sport. My delight in hooliganism was unquenchable.

A night in a police cell. A day in court. Three months Community Service. It all did nothing to stop my unavoidable descent. The self-destruct button within just got larger, and redder, and it began to pulse with a throbing expectance.

And then came the drug abuse.
Shooting-up in derelict flats with a host of unsavoury characters. Mugging coffin dodgers to feed the habit. I was on fire. The blur the heroin produced dulled my pain.

It was around this time that I first heard the voices. Faceless creatures from the deepest wells within telling me of my withering fate. An invisible veil fell over my eyes. In my eternal dusk my doomed future beckoned me. Unseen hands guided my riddled frame towards the inferno. Everywhere I strode I left in my wake a trail of black footprints.

I remember the day of my death as if it was yesterday.

I was aimlessly wandering through a crowded high-street when a voice called out my name. I looked but saw nothing. A few steps later I heard the call again. I looked up and there it was, towering above the heads of the masses: a red rider on a black steed.
At first I just gazed in awe, not knowing if she was really addressing me. The rider called my name again. This time there was no doubt. She was looking directly at me with those glowing eyes. I began to follow.

Walking. Then walking faster. Then jogging. Then running. Then sprinting. Weaving through the heaving swell of people, my bloodshot eyes were fixed on the shining red rider. She kept glancing back from her galloping nightmare, calling my name.

For miles I followed. I never knew I could run so fast, or so long. We quickly left the town behind. I climbed over fences. Stumbled through freshly ploughed fields. Herds of cows and sheep parted as I raced in pursuit of the black steed's thundering hooves. Over hills. Across streams. Through the boughs and whispering leaves of forests. Where was she leading me?

Suddenly, she stopped. I slowed my sprint in approach of her shimmering presence. Her steed wheeled back onto its hind legs and let go a blood-curdling cry. I glanced down at my feet. They were teatering on the edge of a precipice. I looked up, looked down, then the soft turf beneath my boots gave way. I wavered on the brink and glanced for one last time at the red rider. Her eyes were vacant, and I fell.

Laughter screeched in my ears as I tumbled in slow motion. Down-down-down-down. My body hit the floor of the ravine with a dull thud. Hands with boney fingers plunged up through the earth around me and gripped my flesh. With juddering intensity, they dragged me down, into the abysmal depths.

"Good riddance", I hissed in final defiance, as the all-consuming flames gathered me.
Tue 22/04/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Beautiful

" wipes tear from corner of eye

Just beautiful :)
Sun 20/04/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yup, excellent indeed.
Sun 20/04/03 at 20:41
Regular
Very, very good :^)
Sun 20/04/03 at 07:08
Regular
"Laughingstock"
"Tanks", said the man with a 20ft gun barrel protruding out of his head :)
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Ohhhh! Nice stuff!
Sat 19/04/03 at 18:45
Regular
Great Stuff!
Sat 19/04/03 at 15:44
"period drama"
Brilliant, sir
I liked a lot.
Sat 19/04/03 at 10:46
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Excellent.
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:28
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Ho Ho Excellent as always ma main man, supérb :)
Fri 18/04/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Laughingstock"
My decline began with random acts of vandalism.
The kicking over of litter bins. Bricks thrown through shop windows. The trashing of public phone booths. The spraying of graffiti on the walls of suburban houses.

Mid those nights of recklessness, my internal self-destruct button was well and truly pressed.

Then came the violence.
Brawls in pub car parks. Dishing out kickings to supporters of the wrong team. Assaulting strangers for sport. My delight in hooliganism was unquenchable.

A night in a police cell. A day in court. Three months Community Service. It all did nothing to stop my unavoidable descent. The self-destruct button within just got larger, and redder, and it began to pulse with a throbing expectance.

And then came the drug abuse.
Shooting-up in derelict flats with a host of unsavoury characters. Mugging coffin dodgers to feed the habit. I was on fire. The blur the heroin produced dulled my pain.

It was around this time that I first heard the voices. Faceless creatures from the deepest wells within telling me of my withering fate. An invisible veil fell over my eyes. In my eternal dusk my doomed future beckoned me. Unseen hands guided my riddled frame towards the inferno. Everywhere I strode I left in my wake a trail of black footprints.

I remember the day of my death as if it was yesterday.

I was aimlessly wandering through a crowded high-street when a voice called out my name. I looked but saw nothing. A few steps later I heard the call again. I looked up and there it was, towering above the heads of the masses: a red rider on a black steed.
At first I just gazed in awe, not knowing if she was really addressing me. The rider called my name again. This time there was no doubt. She was looking directly at me with those glowing eyes. I began to follow.

Walking. Then walking faster. Then jogging. Then running. Then sprinting. Weaving through the heaving swell of people, my bloodshot eyes were fixed on the shining red rider. She kept glancing back from her galloping nightmare, calling my name.

For miles I followed. I never knew I could run so fast, or so long. We quickly left the town behind. I climbed over fences. Stumbled through freshly ploughed fields. Herds of cows and sheep parted as I raced in pursuit of the black steed's thundering hooves. Over hills. Across streams. Through the boughs and whispering leaves of forests. Where was she leading me?

Suddenly, she stopped. I slowed my sprint in approach of her shimmering presence. Her steed wheeled back onto its hind legs and let go a blood-curdling cry. I glanced down at my feet. They were teatering on the edge of a precipice. I looked up, looked down, then the soft turf beneath my boots gave way. I wavered on the brink and glanced for one last time at the red rider. Her eyes were vacant, and I fell.

Laughter screeched in my ears as I tumbled in slow motion. Down-down-down-down. My body hit the floor of the ravine with a dull thud. Hands with boney fingers plunged up through the earth around me and gripped my flesh. With juddering intensity, they dragged me down, into the abysmal depths.

"Good riddance", I hissed in final defiance, as the all-consuming flames gathered me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.