GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New MyFreeola Design"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/09 at 17:19
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The more observant among you (I'm know there are a couple) will have noticed a re-design of the MyFreeola pages that went live this afternoon. All your Freeola service information can be found within there as normal just in a slightly different colour scheme and with prettier buttons. You may also notice a new Favicon when logged into these pages, an idea that wasn't influenced by anybody else...

I personally like the new look and have done since I saw the original idea a couple of weeks back.

Any likes/dislikes of the new scheme? Is there anything you think is missing from these pages after the redesign? Any bugs??
Tue 20/01/09 at 17:19
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The more observant among you (I'm know there are a couple) will have noticed a re-design of the MyFreeola pages that went live this afternoon. All your Freeola service information can be found within there as normal just in a slightly different colour scheme and with prettier buttons. You may also notice a new Favicon when logged into these pages, an idea that wasn't influenced by anybody else...

I personally like the new look and have done since I saw the original idea a couple of weeks back.

Any likes/dislikes of the new scheme? Is there anything you think is missing from these pages after the redesign? Any bugs??
Tue 20/01/09 at 17:36
Regular
Yeah it's really cool - much easier to use and it feels cleaner.

The favicon is obviously the best part, though :)
Tue 20/01/09 at 18:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just had a quick look, Butch. Most pleasing - I particularly like the re-vamped left-hand menu and of course the favicons:-)
Wed 21/01/09 at 11:09
"Are you sure?"
Looking good :¬)

While you're there:

Login
Is anyone still looking at the 'remember user/password' issue?
It's been mentioned before: here and here.
Is it not possible to add a 'remember me' type check box or something?

Broadband Stats
It would be a nice addition if you included the 'max reports' information in the Broadband section.

GAD
Rather than relying on the post etc. why not add the GAD win codes to the GAD section in MyFreeola? You could link them to the 'win' which would become a useful record.

Last but not least - Favicon :¬)
Don't want to upset anyone, but...

The 'cogs' Favicon used in MyFreeola looks similar to ones used by a few other sites. It could do with a Freeola 'F' or the 'swish' so that it follows your brand.

I'm afraid the GAD Favicon looks slightly blurred or cramped on my monitor. I prefer your 'F+swish' one myself!

Not as controversial as some of the feedback on the other new Favicon you mention :¬)

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Wed 21/01/09 at 11:51
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:

> Last but not least - Favicon :¬)
> Don't want to upset anyone, but...
>
> The 'cogs' Favicon used in MyFreeola looks similar to ones used
> by a few other sites. It could do with a Freeola 'F' or the
> 'swish' so that it follows your brand.
>
> I'm afraid the GAD Favicon looks slightly blurred or cramped on
> my monitor. I prefer your 'F+swish' one myself!
>
> Not as controversial as some of the feedback on the other new
> Favicon you mention :¬)
>
>
> Search Freeola
> Chat

> My Freeola Instant
> Site

The GAD Favicon is now an F with a 'swoosh' too, so if you clear your cache that should be clearer.

As for the MyFreeola icon, that's going to change slightly to be the same as the red F icon but have cogs on instead. It could do with an F or the swish, but working within 16x16 doesn't tend to offer much but blur :(
Wed 21/01/09 at 12:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi Hmmm,

The login in issue is still being looked at. Unfortunately an 'remember me' function won't work if you have multiple accounts. Of course if you only have 1 account then you can choose to remain logged in all the time (3 months I think), by selecting the option under Contact & Login Details in MyFreeola. A 'combine MyFreeola Accounts into one' is being considered but due to the complexity this would be a long way off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.