GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/04/03 at 19:12
Regular
Right I'll get straight into it.
I have a laptop with an 8GB hard drive in it. I have obtained a 30GB hard drive which I want to replace the 8GB drive with. Laptop runs windows 98.

I have a cable with the 30GB drive which connects to a PC to allow you to format it and transfer data to it.

What I want to know is can I somehow get all the stuff from the 8GB drive onto the larger one so that I can just put the 30GB drive into my laptop and have everything work as before? If so how?

Norton Ghost has been mentioned to me by a few folk, I have a copy of it somewhere but I have no idea how it works.
Also I have the laptop on a network with 2 other PC's so I could transfer all the contents over to the PC if need be.

Any help really appreciated...
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Right I'll get straight into it.
I have a laptop with an 8GB hard drive in it. I have obtained a 30GB hard drive which I want to replace the 8GB drive with. Laptop runs windows 98.

I have a cable with the 30GB drive which connects to a PC to allow you to format it and transfer data to it.

What I want to know is can I somehow get all the stuff from the 8GB drive onto the larger one so that I can just put the 30GB drive into my laptop and have everything work as before? If so how?

Norton Ghost has been mentioned to me by a few folk, I have a copy of it somewhere but I have no idea how it works.
Also I have the laptop on a network with 2 other PC's so I could transfer all the contents over to the PC if need be.

Any help really appreciated...
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:47
Regular
"Win Suxs,Linux Rulz"
i'd be willing to help u , do u have msn messenger or some other msging prog as the solution is rather long winded
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:52
"I hate that!!!"
steve boy, log into my forums
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:53
Regular
Or use ghost that will work.

Colin
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
"How Handy."
Remember that generally laptops dont use the same hard drives as PCs, they use 2.5" drives instead of 3.5"
Wed 30/04/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Decided on going for the easy option of just installing windows on the drive and re-istalling the programs I have and copying the rest of the data over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.