GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kevin Phillips to Spurs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/04/03 at 13:25
Regular
Mark my words: 'Kevin Phillips will sign for Spurs this Summer, now that Sunderland have had their Relegation down to Division 1, confirmed!'

It's not like he's gonna want to stay with a now-First Division-team - especially if he wants to try and revive his England career.

Spurs are looking for another striker, and will no doubt be doing all-they-can to get Phillips to sign on the dotted-line, if Teddy Sheringham does leave White Hart Lane in the Summer.

And it's not like any other club's really interested in him, anyway! United have van Nistelrooy... Arsénal have Henry.... There's Owen for Liverpool..... And although they may've apparently shown an interest in him, I don't see "Super Kev" moving to Middlesbrough with players like Michael Ricketts, Malcolm Christie and Maccrone, on-board.

-----

I can also see Djibril Cissé signing for Arsénal this Summer, with either Kanu or Jeffers leaving, to make-space. Wiltord should probably be the one to go, but won't, just because he's French! Kanu's been cack all-season. And he'll probably go, just because Wenger knows he can rely on Jeffers to cheat his way into getting Arsénal back into any game.

-----

Liverpool will no doubt sign ANY big-name foreigner, playing in French Football, with the slightest-bit of interest in playing for the Scouse. Houllier seems to do it every-year, so what makes this one any different, with Liverpool failing in the league - yet again!?

-----

I can't see Man United signing anyone other than Julien Escudé though. Even if it is clear we need players like van Buyten, Mexés and Cissé - I just don't see how it'll happen. He just seems to like working with what he's already got - unlike Houllier, who'll just spend-and-spend untill he can spend no more.

-----

Don't really see too much else happening this Summer...
No doubt Chelsea will have some new Italian faces in, and it's not like Newcastle need to do much-more to their squad, except perhaps to inject a few more "future Jenas' and Dyer's" into their youth teams.

Who dares to bet against me?
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Mark my words: 'Kevin Phillips will sign for Spurs this Summer, now that Sunderland have had their Relegation down to Division 1, confirmed!'

It's not like he's gonna want to stay with a now-First Division-team - especially if he wants to try and revive his England career.

Spurs are looking for another striker, and will no doubt be doing all-they-can to get Phillips to sign on the dotted-line, if Teddy Sheringham does leave White Hart Lane in the Summer.

And it's not like any other club's really interested in him, anyway! United have van Nistelrooy... Arsénal have Henry.... There's Owen for Liverpool..... And although they may've apparently shown an interest in him, I don't see "Super Kev" moving to Middlesbrough with players like Michael Ricketts, Malcolm Christie and Maccrone, on-board.

-----

I can also see Djibril Cissé signing for Arsénal this Summer, with either Kanu or Jeffers leaving, to make-space. Wiltord should probably be the one to go, but won't, just because he's French! Kanu's been cack all-season. And he'll probably go, just because Wenger knows he can rely on Jeffers to cheat his way into getting Arsénal back into any game.

-----

Liverpool will no doubt sign ANY big-name foreigner, playing in French Football, with the slightest-bit of interest in playing for the Scouse. Houllier seems to do it every-year, so what makes this one any different, with Liverpool failing in the league - yet again!?

-----

I can't see Man United signing anyone other than Julien Escudé though. Even if it is clear we need players like van Buyten, Mexés and Cissé - I just don't see how it'll happen. He just seems to like working with what he's already got - unlike Houllier, who'll just spend-and-spend untill he can spend no more.

-----

Don't really see too much else happening this Summer...
No doubt Chelsea will have some new Italian faces in, and it's not like Newcastle need to do much-more to their squad, except perhaps to inject a few more "future Jenas' and Dyer's" into their youth teams.

Who dares to bet against me?
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:34
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I agree on Phillips and Cissé (although Wiltord rocks, need to get rid of Kanu), but I can see Liverpool making maybe one big signing (a winger) after selling a few players as, without the Champ's League, Houllier will be told to tighten the purse strings. Ronahldino could go to Utd. That's about it, for the big signings.
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I can see what ya mean 'bout Phillips wanting to resurrect his England career- under keegan he got 5 caps, no goals- I hope he can find form in front of a better midfield, and therefore return to the England squad. He is currently on my list of forwards that should play for England now with Kevin Campbell, Dublin, Beattie and Sheringham. And if we need more for the U-21- Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora.
Thu 17/04/03 at 16:15
Regular
Kanu definitely.. too lazy and not good enough for us i prefer jeffers.
Thu 17/04/03 at 17:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
El Blokey wrote:
> Ronahldino could go to Utd.

---

He's signed a new deal with PSG.
Thu 17/04/03 at 18:04
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
BAH
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:07
Regular
Phillips is pretty crap anyway....will fit in well at spurs.
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Phillips isn't bad, it will be interesting to see many goals he gets if joins a team that can provide him with better service.
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:22
Regular
but he cchose spurs so that snot going to happen!
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Hopefully, Villa will go after Jay Jay Okacha if Bolton get relegated. We really need to strengthen our midfield area.

Also think Hoult will leave WBA. He is an awesome goalkeeper, who has only had one off day, which was against Everton.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.