GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't play this game..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/06 at 09:45
"possibly impossible"
Right. Any games you've played recently that are just dire? Why not warn everyone else about them here.

Over G Fighters
---------------
From the Slow controls where feels like you're flying through treacle to shooting down enemies that haven't even come in to view yet, this game is pretty much unplayable.

Yes, the detailing on the planes is good, but then this contrasts with the complete lack of ground detail and the very poor voice overs and grating music.

Even the dogfighting is poor, you can shoot your live opponent without getting close to them, making for a hollow experience.

The one good thing about this game is that it's quite easy to get Achievement points early on, which is good because you just won't want to continue playing for very long!
Wed 11/10/06 at 09:45
"possibly impossible"
Right. Any games you've played recently that are just dire? Why not warn everyone else about them here.

Over G Fighters
---------------
From the Slow controls where feels like you're flying through treacle to shooting down enemies that haven't even come in to view yet, this game is pretty much unplayable.

Yes, the detailing on the planes is good, but then this contrasts with the complete lack of ground detail and the very poor voice overs and grating music.

Even the dogfighting is poor, you can shoot your live opponent without getting close to them, making for a hollow experience.

The one good thing about this game is that it's quite easy to get Achievement points early on, which is good because you just won't want to continue playing for very long!
Wed 11/10/06 at 10:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
pb wrote:
> The one good thing about this game is that it's quite easy to
> get Achievement points early on, which is good because you just
> won't want to continue playing for very long!

I'd put that as a negative rather than a good thing, otherwise we'll end up with a stream of games coming out that are complete naff but with easy achievements at the start.

I can see the bullet points on the back of the boxes now:

- Revolutionary Game!
- Dynamic Weather!
- Fully Customisable Gameplay!
- Easy 250 Achievements in the first hour of playing!
Wed 11/10/06 at 20:10
Regular
Theres too many crappy games out there to mention really and you'll find them in the special deals bit of any computer/console shop.

*Special Offer Buy This Ps2 And Recieve A Free Version Of The Fantastic Fifa 2002 For Ps2 Hurry Before Stock Runs Out*

Any game that is sold under a tenner after a month of being on sale is usually a crap game.
Thu 12/10/06 at 15:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Or, can be quite good - Sensible Soccer 2006 is excellent (well, looks crap but is absolutely hilarious to play!)
Fri 13/10/06 at 13:50
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
South Park Rally on PS2.

The worst game I've ever bought.
Fri 13/10/06 at 13:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Barbie Race and Ride (PSX). About as much fun as a dirty bomb.
Jeremy McGrath's Supercross World (PS2). About as much fun as Barbie Race and Ride.
Sid Meyer's Pirates (XBox). I felt dirty just typing that out.
Mon 16/10/06 at 16:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Championship Manager 5.

Truly awful go and buy LMA Manager or Football Manager instead!
Fri 27/10/06 at 18:17
Regular
"8==="
Rented it. Not very good but the arcade/island mode would be quite good (it's like a simple RPG in planes) only you can't save your progress which really goes against it.

Blazing Angels ftw!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.