GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Ali thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/04/03 at 12:08
Regular
No, not Snuggly, this Iraqi whose limbs were blown off. The whole situation is ridiculous. Firstly, having Blair prioritize him over all other extreme cases in Iraq and indeed Britain, and secondly portraying him as a total innocent when before he wanted to be a doctor, he wanted to be a solider. A few more years he would have been shooting at us, and we're expected to grovel and beg all for the case of one child. I'm not saying he should be left to rot but this furore is stupid.

Thoughts?
Sun 20/04/03 at 19:51
" Crazy!"
The way everyone dragged 9/11 was ridicolus.
The way everyone dragged Holly + jessica was ridicolus.
The way everyone kept dragging the amount of civilan deaths was ridicolus, do people not expect civilin people to die in war. If they didn't it wouldnt really be a war.
And now the Ali kid thing.

I saw a headline in the paper the other day, Ali has kebab for tea, who gives a damn. If I'm paying for all the crap for the wsr than he's gonna get rations to surviv and not kebabs.

A little cruel to some it may seem but to me I couldn't care about one little kid in Iraq who might aswell die because face it the press would gain more from it and then everyone would forget.
Wed 16/04/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Azul wrote:
> Why prioritize on this one single child

Sorry, I apologise. Just saw on the news that about 9 or 10 other children went too. But still, that's the first time they've been mentioned to me.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Hallelujah"
The prees caught wind of him, he became a phenomonon and now Blaire want to win publicity points so he's doing all he can to milk it. and yes i agree, 10 years from now he could've been shooting us, then he wouldnt get a charity! and look at all the other wounded people out there, are they getting a charity?

Oh and what i see personaly as a great question? WHAT USE COULD YOU POSSIBLY HAVE FOR A BABY INCUBATOR? as thats what Iraq's people have looted from a hospital! are they useing it as a bread bin or somthing?
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
She could be in the next Rambo and help kill Osama.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Heh, I also agree with monkey man, they are making a huge fuss over Jessica Lynch (I think that's her name) for absolutely nothing. As with Ali's case, what about all the other soldiers? All the brave heroic ones.

What was it that she actually did anyway? She got rescued. Woah!
If they're gonna make a film about a particular soldier, make it about a true hero, someone who gave their live for the cause or something.
Even a Rambo style soldier... actually, wait, no. Rambo films a re crap. But you know what I mean.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Is this the one who's being airlifted to Kuwait for treatment?
I agree with you, because certainly, there are hundreds of othher kids that are just like him, and some probably even off worse.
Why prioritize on this one single child, when there's loads more like him. It's a bit silly. But still, you can't disagree that it's a good thing they're doing.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
What I find more ridiculous is that they're making the story of that woman soldier who was recued from that hospital into a movie. It can go either way though. They're only making a TV movie, so it's gonna be crappy and not very flattering to her or her family members. Or they could make a huge budget, special-effects laden, Spielberg directed, spirit of USA emotion-a-thon that will still be crap and cheesy.

How long until the 9/11 movie?
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:08
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
No, not Snuggly, this Iraqi whose limbs were blown off. The whole situation is ridiculous. Firstly, having Blair prioritize him over all other extreme cases in Iraq and indeed Britain, and secondly portraying him as a total innocent when before he wanted to be a doctor, he wanted to be a solider. A few more years he would have been shooting at us, and we're expected to grovel and beg all for the case of one child. I'm not saying he should be left to rot but this furore is stupid.

Thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.