GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sid Meiers Pirates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sid Meier's Pirates'.
Sat 23/07/05 at 21:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Saw it on shelves and wondering if its any good. Anyone bought it ?
Sun 24/07/05 at 01:46
Regular
I bought it a while back.

I played it to death when I first got it, haven't played it for a while though. The action elements are for the most part very good - the ship to ship fighting is spectacular. The sword fighting is a little repetitive as are some of the other sub games such as the ballroom dancing. The strategy elements of trading, gaining respect, searching for treasure etc, are reasonably compelling. Of course, you can just sod all that and go attacking and looting if that's what you're into.

I bought it because I wanted something different from the norm, and it certainly is. If you're into the swashbuckling stuff I'd recommend you give it a look. Reminds me of the days of Guybrush Threepwood and LeChuck.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:37
Regular
"8==="
Big bold and with the player in full control?

Wait for Far Cry.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:29
Regular
"Laughingstock"
To be fair, it does what it does well (probably). I just don't like that kind of thing. I like games to be big and bold that put the player in full control. God knows why I bought it.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:25
Regular
"8==="
Sounds a bit like Elite too.

Elite was great.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:24
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I hate it. Seriously detest it. Gave it an optimistic go today and well, I could smash it. The word repetitive springs to mind. Nudging a diddlysquat ship around a map, firing a few cannonballs, go into a port, sell stuff, repair ship, gather some crew, have the odd sword fight (dumb buttonbashing)... hate it.
Sun 24/07/05 at 00:07
Regular
"8==="
Looks alright, looks a lot like Robin Hood: Defender of the crown.

I throughly enjoyed that for the 7 quid it cost me. :)
Sat 23/07/05 at 22:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Got it on PC.

Good fun. Shortlived - play it in bursts, each career doesn't last very long. Lots to do over a few careers though.

I haven't played for ages though.... :/
Sat 23/07/05 at 21:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Saw it on shelves and wondering if its any good. Anyone bought it ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.