GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resi 5 video on PS3, hot damn"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 5'.
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Check out gamesradar.com, they've got a video of Resident Evil 5 running on PS3, it's not in-game footage but it still looks awesome.

Running zombies! Running zombies!
Wed 27/07/05 at 19:35
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Blank wrote:
> Boss battles aside, you rarely HAVE to shoot in Resi (I haven't played
> 4 yet). You can run away from zombies and the like and still finish
> the game.

Bit boring to play it like that though.

You'll never have enough ammo to take out every enemy, but I usually like to stop every now and again to blow a few heads off.

Simply running from boss to boss and avoiding confrontation is no way to play Resident Evil.
Wed 27/07/05 at 01:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Boss battles aside, you rarely HAVE to shoot in Resi (I haven't played 4 yet). You can run away from zombies and the like and still finish the game.
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:39
Regular
Oriental Rib wrote:
> I'm guessing you only ever played RE4.

I'd agree. The ammount of times in previous Resident Evils I've found myself strolling around with no ammo and in desperate need of health is staggering.
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea, when I saw the vid a few days back, the zombies kind of reminded me of the ones in 28 days later.
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Mozzy wrote:
> I've always thought that if Resi Evil had their gameplay similar to
> Silent Hill it would be much more scarier experience.
>
> Silent Hill was just plain weird, i've only ever played one Resi Evil
> game and that seemed more arcadey.
>
> Resi Evil is like Dawn of the Dead whereas Silent Hill is more like
> The Grudge (bad example, I know). In Silent Hill there is more
> weirdness and less shooting whereas in Resi Evil there is alot of
> shooting and less weirdness.
>
> Does that make sense? :S

Not much.

Aside from the lightgun games (which don't really count), the only Resi that was strongly action orientated was 4. The rest of them all placed a lot more emphasis on the survival element.
Mon 25/07/05 at 13:51
Regular
I'm guessing you only ever played RE4.
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:33
Regular
"Mozzy"
I've always thought that if Resi Evil had their gameplay similar to Silent Hill it would be much more scarier experience.

Silent Hill was just plain weird, i've only ever played one Resi Evil game and that seemed more arcadey.

Resi Evil is like Dawn of the Dead whereas Silent Hill is more like The Grudge (bad example, I know). In Silent Hill there is more weirdness and less shooting whereas in Resi Evil there is alot of shooting and less weirdness.

Does that make sense? :S
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:19
Regular
"8==="
They were faster in the Resi re-make too.
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:03
Regular
Some Zombies sprinted in Resi4. They'd walk then try and grab you and if they missed, break into a full on sprint.
Sun 24/07/05 at 22:13
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The zombies in the Resi 5 clip look like they're sprinting though. Could make the game very interesting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.