GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eject buttons on remote controls"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 22:17
Regular
Yes, I was inspired by SR's PS2 news thingy.

But really...

Why do they excite me?

Why do I find it so amazing to sit on the sofa and eject and close the little disc tray over and over, sometimes making it dance to the beat of music in my head, even though I know I'm wearing out the motor?

Pointless things excite me, and make me very happy. So, um, if you've ever wanted to make me happy, think of some pointless things like that and write them here.

Please.

:0)
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Remote eject is not useless at all.

Walk over to the machine and take the disc out

or

walk over to the machine, press the button, wait a few seconds while the machine realises you've pressed the button, then wait a few more while the mechanism ejects the disc, and then take the disc out.

I use it all the time on my cd player and video player
Tue 15/04/03 at 02:14
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well, I'm waiting for a button that lets you eject, then suck the video back in.

That'd be cool.

Pointless, but cool.
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:35
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Tell me about it! *sets chair ro highest point...*
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:34
Regular
"Hmmm....."
God damn those chairs are fun.
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I have a swivel chair that does that whole height adjusting thing, so i set it to the highest point and then spin myself in a circle whist letting it down (making that cool gas noise), the idea is i try to see whether i can spin a full 360 degrees before i reach the lowest point of the chair, it keeps me happy...
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's time management.

Press eject.
Tray ejects / You walk over to it.
Take out disk.

Walk over to PS2
Press eject.
Wait for tray to appear.
take out disk.

See, you save a whole 2 seconds with the remote!
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:31
Regular
Also, it's nice to have the tray "ejected" by the time you get there instead of running over, pressing the button, waiting 10 seconds for the machine to work out what it's doing before slowly opening...
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Hallelujah"
If the disk didnt read correctly and you needed to reboot it then ejecting it and closing it again would be a good idea, and this makes the whole think possible from the comfort of your own sofa!
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:59
Regular
Why would you want it ejecting though?
You can just make it stop!
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:56
"The Will of D."
Yeah but what if I wanted to do it in an hours time instead of right away?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.