GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Setting the record straight!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/01/01 at 10:55
Regular
I just want to set a few things straight regarding the X-box.

1). It will be the best console. You know what Microsoft are like, they will just keep throwing money at it until it works.

2). Some people are saying, why should they get one when their PC has a faster processer? Ok, basically the X-box will have better graphics (although i admit grpahics arent everything),even though it will have a slower processor simply because the X-box is dedicated to games and graphics, a PC isnt.

3) Also, everyone who keeps going on about how good sony are need to pull their finger out at look at the facts. The only reason that PS2's are on order until March is because sony messed up and didnt build enough consoles, not because the PS2 is so amazing.

Hopefully this will stop all arguements, so there should be no need for anyone to post any more things in here again. Unless you dont agree with me that is :-)

Ingsy
Thu 15/01/09 at 20:01
Regular
First comment :)
Sun 28/01/01 at 00:40
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
lol.... 1000.oo pounds for an X-Box.. I can see the pre-orders rolling in! :)
Sat 27/01/01 at 22:59
Regular
"^_^"
I have been to many websites saying the price will be £1000 and some £200. I think there are too many rumors going around. Also the XBOX will be updted after the release. Like the N64 and the expansion pack. Microsoft always update their products it's a fact.
Sat 27/01/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
ingsy905 wrote :
"But how much is the X-Box going to be? I doubt it will be £400"

Well... having rethought... I would prabably revise the price to £300... however if you think £400 is too much then why not stck with the SNES... there about £20 now ;)...

Besides even if they do stick the X-Box out a £300 and the PC system costs £400... you'll be saving 15-20 quid on every game you buy... so at the end of the day, you'll end up quids in! :)

ingsy905 wrote :
"you wont even be able to buy 1 GHz PC?"
Naa... you can still get P1's... however, this kinda works in my favour so I'll agree :)

Fri 26/01/01 at 22:39
Round 2:

Ok point one is pretty much covered now.

2). An X-Box beating machine would be about £400, ok i go with that. But how much is the X-Box going to be? I doubt it will be £400, but i dont know, have they even announced a price? Also will they still be making machines with that low a spec, surely by then PC's will have got so much quicker that you wont even be able to buy 1 GHz PC?

3). Ok Sony got loads of free advertising, so their own marketing department are crap, they cant build enough consoles. Thoseare the reasons that there is a huge back order.

I just heard by the way that its a possibilty that the X-Box will be compatible with the Dremacast. If so, top move by Sega and Microsoft. The X-Box will have a ready made back catalogue of qualtiy games on release day, thats more than sony did.
Fri 26/01/01 at 12:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Okay... here I go again... :)

1) I think thats pretty muched covered...

2) well 1 Gig P3's are cuttenrtly selling for £600.00... so at the time of X-Box launch, such a machines should be about the price of an X-Box... and with the delaey release of the X-Box... and since NVida have stated that the X-Boxs custom graphics are about 2 generations on from current hardware (GeForce2 GTS)... then equal spec graphic cards should at least be avalible... so an X-Box beating maching at the release of the X-Nox should cost about 400.00?

3) There doing the same TV ads marketing as they did last time... a few shot ads dotted around (they same way they did with the guy teaching everong the 'never estimate the power of the playstation' vatchphrase, before they started advertising real products), but theve also managed to grab a place on pretty much pretty much every current affairs program before release, BBC2 made a couple of programs that were pratically PS2 advs... spending 15 mins+ talking aout how good the machine was going to be (although to be fair theve done the same for the X-Box, just not at the same time as the machine was to be released)... and post release its been mentioned of everything from CD:UK to Watchdog for not having enough units to sell... it was even considered so news worthy than all national and most regional news felt it fit to make news storys about it... the no1 news story on the day of release...

now thats good, free advertising... :)
Fri 26/01/01 at 10:49
Ok, i agree with you to an extent.

Point 1, true windows is s**till not sh*t hot,but they cant keep bringing out updates to the X-Box like they can with windows. Its got to be right before they release it.

Point 2, Possibley treu,but how much will you have to pay for a PC like that, compared with the X-Box price?

Point 3, What marketing people, the only adverts ive seen for PS2 are on billboards at one or two football matches. I havent seen anything on telly. Maybe Im not looking in the right places though. So saying your point is correct, that means the back orders have got nothing to do with the quality of the machine. It's either cos Sony messed up, or the marketing people are good. Not cos its a good console.

Ingsy
Thu 25/01/01 at 17:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
1) Well... theve been doing that with Windows for years... nd its still far from the best OS...

2) Graphically a PC will be of equaly spec within 6 months of X-Box release, possible less, due to the X-Boxs setback. Though there are a few cutom chips in there, the X-Box will be a cheap PC...

3) Sony have a backorder until march because they have the best Market people in the business...

--
Thu 25/01/01 at 10:55
I just want to set a few things straight regarding the X-box.

1). It will be the best console. You know what Microsoft are like, they will just keep throwing money at it until it works.

2). Some people are saying, why should they get one when their PC has a faster processer? Ok, basically the X-box will have better graphics (although i admit grpahics arent everything),even though it will have a slower processor simply because the X-box is dedicated to games and graphics, a PC isnt.

3) Also, everyone who keeps going on about how good sony are need to pull their finger out at look at the facts. The only reason that PS2's are on order until March is because sony messed up and didnt build enough consoles, not because the PS2 is so amazing.

Hopefully this will stop all arguements, so there should be no need for anyone to post any more things in here again. Unless you dont agree with me that is :-)

Ingsy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.