GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows 7"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/01/09 at 22:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm on the beta release now, and might I say, I'm impressed. Right off the bat, the thing is far faster and requires far less resources than Vista.

The little tweaks like the dock-ish feature and shuffling backgrounds are nice, and the all new Microsoft paint kept me amused for some time! :P

Functionality has been improved in lots of areas from the start menu cleverly opening up and closing around menu items, the dock merging things around and keeping everything organised to little buttons that, when hovered above, make everything invisible so you can see your desktop :)

Download Here
Sat 24/01/09 at 18:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
My son installed a beta version of Windows 7 just before Christmas. He was invited to a demonstration and was given an installation disc. After install, he found it had totally wiped all settings - no integration at all with existing XP settings - internet, system etc. Caused total breakdown. Only solution, after many hours of 'trying', was a total re-install of XP Pro. Machine is fine now and working extremely 'happily' - morale of this tale - wait:-(
Sat 24/01/09 at 14:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
Neckarb wrote:
> I'm liking windows 7 but, like you say it is just a stripped down
> vista, and if your looking for a stripped down more efficient
> vista, what exactly is wrong with XP?
>
> Benchmark

Good point,I 'upgraded' to Vista a while ago before binning it off and going to the 64bit version of XP Pro.I have found it to be much faster than Vista and much more compatible.No need to keep searching for drivers which are supposed to be Vista compliant only to find out they are not.My PC has been rebuilt over the past few weeks which has taken ages (as I have been very busy at work).I've put XP Pro 64bit back on it for now but might upgrade to Windows 7 later in the year.
Fri 23/01/09 at 10:30
Regular
"Notable"
Post moved to new thread:

http://chat.freeola.com/General-Chat-2-chat/PS3-Online-Issues-Need-your-help-7474.html

Reason: Not related to subject.
Fri 23/01/09 at 09:40
Regular
"One man, no shoes.."
I'm liking windows 7 but, like you say it is just a stripped down vista, and if your looking for a stripped down more efficient vista, what exactly is wrong with XP? Benchmark
Fri 23/01/09 at 09:18
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I have to agree, Windows 7 does feel a lot quicker and more responsive, however does anybody feel that this current build is just an optimized version of Vista?

Certainly when it comes to interface, not that I dislike the current interface of Vista, however would like to see Windows 7 looking vastly different.

Just out of interest, is anybody else using the 64-bit version? I'm curious to know whether it is getting more popular...
Tue 13/01/09 at 22:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm on the beta release now, and might I say, I'm impressed. Right off the bat, the thing is far faster and requires far less resources than Vista.

The little tweaks like the dock-ish feature and shuffling backgrounds are nice, and the all new Microsoft paint kept me amused for some time! :P

Functionality has been improved in lots of areas from the start menu cleverly opening up and closing around menu items, the dock merging things around and keeping everything organised to little buttons that, when hovered above, make everything invisible so you can see your desktop :)

Download Here

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.