GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh the irony!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/04/03 at 22:56
Regular
I find it incredibly funny that someone saw fit to title this forum "Intelligent Discussion", when having a quick glance down the topics, I have spotted such gems as 'I have a bad arm' and 'I did the Ironing!'. And who could forget 'yesterday I took £70 out of the bank'.

I'm guessing Mensa will be putting in a bid for the forum sometime soon .....

Here's a subject I've been wondering about - theoretically - if you were travelling through space close to the speed of light and you were listening to gabba techno at full volume through a very loud stereo, and you started screaming at the top of your lungs - do you think your brain would blow up ?

Opinions Please ....
:o)
Thu 10/04/03 at 22:56
Regular
I find it incredibly funny that someone saw fit to title this forum "Intelligent Discussion", when having a quick glance down the topics, I have spotted such gems as 'I have a bad arm' and 'I did the Ironing!'. And who could forget 'yesterday I took £70 out of the bank'.

I'm guessing Mensa will be putting in a bid for the forum sometime soon .....

Here's a subject I've been wondering about - theoretically - if you were travelling through space close to the speed of light and you were listening to gabba techno at full volume through a very loud stereo, and you started screaming at the top of your lungs - do you think your brain would blow up ?

Opinions Please ....
:o)
Thu 10/04/03 at 23:02
Regular
"¬_¬"
It's not so much intelligent discussion, as it is non unintelligent discussion. The dumb newbie spammers don't really come in here, so at least when we do post rather irrelevant topics we can have an actual discussion. Don't diss, it's a Life forum and ironing does happen to be part of life. And we discuss the topics intelligently, and that's all that counts.
Thu 10/04/03 at 23:10
Regular
oh for gods sake, this place used to be somewhere you could come and take the mick out of someone, have a laugh about it, and relieve some stress. Instead you some stiff upper lip types who start going on about bad karma and all that garbage.

get back to the sixties you tree hugger, ironing may be part of life, but if you're reduced to talking about it, you really need to get out more.
Thu 10/04/03 at 23:15
Regular
If you want to talk crap, go to chat.

Things change, don't get stuck in the past!
Thu 10/04/03 at 23:18
Regular
yeah yeah yeah, thanks for that nugget of wisdom mister notable.

the title of the forum changes and everyone gains 10 years in maturity, is that it? excuse me but I've been posting in here for ages, long before they changed it, and have had some great conversations about many things, from the universe, the war and everything in between.

stop telling people how to conduct themselves and use the forum as it should be used - for having a laugh with people of similar mindset.

if you can't then maybe you don't belong on here
Thu 10/04/03 at 23:27
Regular
<- Lazarou -> wrote:
> yeah yeah yeah, thanks for that nugget of wisdom mister notable.
>
> the title of the forum changes and everyone gains 10 years in
> maturity, is that it? excuse me but I've been posting in here for
> ages, long before they changed it, and have had some great
> conversations about many things, from the universe, the war and
> everything in between.
>
> stop telling people how to conduct themselves and use the forum as it
> should be used - for having a laugh with people of similar mindset.
>
> if you can't then maybe you don't belong on here

You're the one complaining, I'm happy the way things are
Thu 10/04/03 at 23:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
<- Lazarou -> wrote:
> if you
> were travelling through space close to the speed of light and you were
> listening to gabba techno at full volume through a very loud stereo,
> and you started screaming at the top of your lungs - do you think your
> brain would blow up ?
>
> Opinions Please ....
> :o)

I dont think your brain would explode, but a wedgie is likely.
Fri 11/04/03 at 08:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
if you were going at above the speed of light you would be blind because you would pass something before the reflected light would reach you. or would you just see things belatedly. if you were going at just below light speed it wouldnt matter if you were going that fast or at 0mph. its acceleration that throws you to the back of the ship, once your at the speed nothing will be different. i dont even think that sound would be affected because your at that speed not accelerating (the theory that if you throw a ball up in a car then why doesnt it smash into the back window. reason is its going at the same speed as the inside of the car) i dont particularly know what i was trying to say here, and it sounds awful when read so take from it what you will.
Fri 11/04/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It's all too clever for me, so I'll go with the wedgie answer too...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.