GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I Legendary?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/04/03 at 20:52
Regular
I've been on this site for quite a while now but my mind has been wandering... am I legendary?

You all talk about 'past members' like I am the Tarrant and others, and how you wonder what they are doing now, and I don't blame you - i often think about what has hapopened to online and 'real' friends who I don't get to talk to anymore.

This may seem to have no relevance to the question i poised but, in actual fact, it does. A couple of months ago i actually passed IatT in the All Time Rankings, and have passed quite a lot of other 'big' names - one coming up soon is Microchips.

But all the members below me seem to be chatted about as 'great posters' 'asset to the forum' and other things in the same vein - what i am trying to say is have my posts had any real effect on people? Do I just make up the numbers? I think so.

I'm just thinking because my online persona is a lot more 'colourful' than my real life one (except for certain times - like when I wore a Hippy Costume to school), and if people don't notice me online, will they in real life?

I don't know why I'm doing this - I always thought that I didn't care what others thought of me, but after just writing this post, everything seems different.

Please be honest, and don't give one of the stupid Popularity contest answers like 'you're a great Guy'

Yes, I am vein.
Thu 10/04/03 at 20:52
Regular
"Festivus!"
I've been on this site for quite a while now but my mind has been wandering... am I legendary?

You all talk about 'past members' like I am the Tarrant and others, and how you wonder what they are doing now, and I don't blame you - i often think about what has hapopened to online and 'real' friends who I don't get to talk to anymore.

This may seem to have no relevance to the question i poised but, in actual fact, it does. A couple of months ago i actually passed IatT in the All Time Rankings, and have passed quite a lot of other 'big' names - one coming up soon is Microchips.

But all the members below me seem to be chatted about as 'great posters' 'asset to the forum' and other things in the same vein - what i am trying to say is have my posts had any real effect on people? Do I just make up the numbers? I think so.

I'm just thinking because my online persona is a lot more 'colourful' than my real life one (except for certain times - like when I wore a Hippy Costume to school), and if people don't notice me online, will they in real life?

I don't know why I'm doing this - I always thought that I didn't care what others thought of me, but after just writing this post, everything seems different.

Please be honest, and don't give one of the stupid Popularity contest answers like 'you're a great Guy'

Yes, I am vein.
Thu 10/04/03 at 20:56
Regular
"bing bang bong"
You won't be a legend until you're dead.
Thu 10/04/03 at 21:16
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ratings tables?
Thu 10/04/03 at 21:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
sorry i meant what do you mean ' all time rankings' or are you just talking about who knows you and who talks about you?
Thu 10/04/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Festivus!"
The 'all timers'

Yes.

And I am dead.

No seriously - answer me.
Thu 10/04/03 at 21:39
Regular
"The Red Shift"
all i can say is youre a great guy.

but seriously, why are you so needy to be judged. maybe if you find that out you wont want to know anyway or you might get your answer.
Thu 10/04/03 at 21:59
Regular
I’m legendary in the world of the mongoose.
Thu 10/04/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Tribute wrote:
and have passed quite a lot of other 'big'
> names - one coming up soon is Microchips.

What? Crazy monkey! :D

Firstly- I'm glad you have your name back. Idlewild was just poor. :D

Secondly, indeed, you can't have the Ninty forum without good ol' Tribbers.

It makes sense.
Thu 10/04/03 at 22:20
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I'm a colourful monkey.
Thu 10/04/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Festivus!"
I do, obviously, care about what people think.

But it's people LYING saying that they like me, then b***híng about me when i leave that worries me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.