GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uefa charge FA"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/04/03 at 15:40
Regular
Info from: NTL:World

Uefa have charged the Football Association over racist abuse by England fans during last week's international against Turkey.

The FA had already been charged over pitch invasions during the 2-0 win by England at the Stadium of Light but now face the much more serious charge of racism by England supporters.

It means there is now an increased possibility of England being forced to play a European Championship qualifier behind closed doors.

Uefa said in a statement: "Uefa has today started disciplinary proceedings against the Football Association of England in relation to 'racist abuse by English supporters' at the Uefa EURO 2004 qualifying match on 2nd April between England and Turkey. This follows a review of the material evidence, including an official complaint by the Turkish FA."

Disciplinary proceedings have also been instigated against the Turkish FA for the improper conduct of players in the tunnel after the match and both cases will be dealt with at a meeting of Uefa's control and disciplinary body on May 1.

Mike Lee, Uefa's director of communications and public affairs, said: "Having reviewed the match England versus Turkey of April 2, Uefa have decided to widen the case against the FA to include racist abuse by supporters - they have until April 21 to submit their response.

"Detailed evidence will now be supplied to our control and disciplinary body for their meeting on May 1 and all issues relating to this match will be dealt with at that meeting."

Although most of the crowd trouble at the England game took place outside Sunderland's ground, with 105 arrests, there was also unpleasant abuse inside the ground with audible chants of "I would rather be a Pak* than a Turk".

Uefa's decision comes after European football's governing body studied reports from the referee and match delegate and viewed television footage.

The FA have already conceded there was racist abuse. Marketing and communications director Paul Barber said on the FA's website following the match: "We are concerned about instances of racist chanting which have been reported to the police and we strongly condemn such behaviour by any fans."
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Racism of any nature is uncalled for.

It's idiotic people out there who are spoiling it with their hooliganism and stupidity.

Unfortunatly the English tend to be in the spotlight a lot when it comes to this kind of thing.
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:04
Regular
Lucio wrote:
"I
> would rather be a Pak* than a Turk".

Heard that "chant" from england "fans" during Euro 2000 as well.
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Not, UEFA, just the few English tarts that decide it's fun to shout racist abuse at other supporters.
Thu 10/04/03 at 16:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Idiots.
Thu 10/04/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
Info from: NTL:World

Uefa have charged the Football Association over racist abuse by England fans during last week's international against Turkey.

The FA had already been charged over pitch invasions during the 2-0 win by England at the Stadium of Light but now face the much more serious charge of racism by England supporters.

It means there is now an increased possibility of England being forced to play a European Championship qualifier behind closed doors.

Uefa said in a statement: "Uefa has today started disciplinary proceedings against the Football Association of England in relation to 'racist abuse by English supporters' at the Uefa EURO 2004 qualifying match on 2nd April between England and Turkey. This follows a review of the material evidence, including an official complaint by the Turkish FA."

Disciplinary proceedings have also been instigated against the Turkish FA for the improper conduct of players in the tunnel after the match and both cases will be dealt with at a meeting of Uefa's control and disciplinary body on May 1.

Mike Lee, Uefa's director of communications and public affairs, said: "Having reviewed the match England versus Turkey of April 2, Uefa have decided to widen the case against the FA to include racist abuse by supporters - they have until April 21 to submit their response.

"Detailed evidence will now be supplied to our control and disciplinary body for their meeting on May 1 and all issues relating to this match will be dealt with at that meeting."

Although most of the crowd trouble at the England game took place outside Sunderland's ground, with 105 arrests, there was also unpleasant abuse inside the ground with audible chants of "I would rather be a Pak* than a Turk".

Uefa's decision comes after European football's governing body studied reports from the referee and match delegate and viewed television footage.

The FA have already conceded there was racist abuse. Marketing and communications director Paul Barber said on the FA's website following the match: "We are concerned about instances of racist chanting which have been reported to the police and we strongly condemn such behaviour by any fans."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.