GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"no dial tone."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
I think i have fixed my problem however how do i fix the problem when connecting to the internet it says no dial tone?
Wed 09/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> /strokes his Cable modem.

Shouldn't that be
/me strokes his Cable modem.
?

Under DUN, select the connection and press properties, then go to the modem proterties, under the connection tab, there is a checkbox labelled 'Wait for Dial Tone Before Dialling'
Try unchecking that.
Wed 09/04/03 at 07:23
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
Ive only just got this modem installed so ill pl;ay around with it for a bit and see if i can fix it.
Tue 08/04/03 at 23:39
Regular
/strokes his Cable modem.
Tue 08/04/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It depends on your modem, mine just ignores it although it does detect no dial tone when there really isn't.
Tue 08/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
There should be an option for it not to wait for a dial tone.

Make it dial without waiting for a dial tone, and you should still be able to use your 1571 service.

Not sure how you do this though. I've been on broadband for quite a while now.
Tue 08/04/03 at 21:35
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
just figured it out. Apparently when you have a 1571 mesage on your bt phone it changes the dial tone making it impossible to dial an internet connection
Tue 08/04/03 at 21:09
Regular
"bing bang bong"
by plugging your phoneline into the back of your PC.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
I think i have fixed my problem however how do i fix the problem when connecting to the internet it says no dial tone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.