GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mad Catz Streetfighter IV Controllers (360/PS3)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Street Fighter IV'.
Fri 09/01/09 at 09:04
Regular
"I like turtles"
Mad Catz are releasing fighting pads and joysticks for use with the forthcoming Streetfighter IV (as well as most other beat em ups such as Soul Calibur IV and Tekken 6 when it arrives later this year).The joystick is very similar to Hori's excellent EX-2 fighting stick which is expensive and very had to find.While the pad is apparently based on the old Sega Saturn Pad.These controllers are being produced for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Mad Catz SF4 Controllers

They have been produced under licence from Capcom so hopefully will be better quality than some previous Mad Catz items ?.There are a few different designs and they look really cool.Amazon.co.uk are selling the game and a pad for about £55 which isn't too bad in my opinion.Although none of these controllers are wireless they have got to be of interest to us poor 360 owners who have put up with the dreadful D-Pad for too long.I suppose its a bit expensive if you need to buy 2 to play your mates,but anyone who has played XBLA's Streetfighter HD Remix will know it doesn't play at all well on the 360's D-Pad.The only fighting game which will probably not work with them is Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe due to its unique control system (uses trigger system to guard/hold).Playing Namco & Capcom beat em ups should be a great improvement,which is really what I suppose they have been designed for ?.I have ordered the SF4 game/pad bundle and will report back once I tested (or broke !) it.
Mon 23/02/09 at 09:18
"possibly impossible"
I'll get one when I can find the money, but it won't be for a while. I'd love the arcade stick though, looks fantastic.
Sat 21/02/09 at 14:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah pb its a great piece of kit,nothing like the cheap and nasty crap they have become famous for producing in the past (also their Rock Band portable drum kit was very good as well).Its a bit of nightmare for me though,My Mrs. is now kicking my butt on SF IV !.She has robbed the Mad Catz pad leaving me with the crappy D-Pad and I'm never going to hear the end of it!.I've tried everywhere online to get another one but there out of stock everywhere.Will get another for sure,but I'm not paying the £70 there going for on eBay at the moment !.

Just seen this,a guide to unlock all the hidden SF IV characters :

1. Akuma: After unlocking Sakura Kasugano, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Fei Long, Gen, and Rose. First finish the arcade mode (on any difficulty) with a character. Then fight Akuma on arcade mode, to do that get at least 2 perfects, 2 ultra combo finishes (no more) before defeating Seth, and you can’t lose any matches nor use a continue when you die. Beating Akuma will unlock him.

2. Cammy White: Finish the arcade mode with Crimson Viper. That will unlock her.

3. Dan Hibiki: Finish the arcade mode with Sakura Kasugano. That will unlock him.

4. Fei Long: Finish the arcade mode with Abel. That will unlock him.

5. Gen: Finish the arcade mode with Chun-Li. That will unlock him.

6. Gouken: After unlocking Akuma, Sakura Kasugano, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Fei Long, Gen, and Rose. First finish the arcade mode (on any difficulty) with Akuma (and some say Ryu as well). Then fight Gouken on arcade mode, to do that, get at least 2 perfects and 3 ultra combo finishes before defeating Seth, and you can’t lose any matches nor use a continue when you die. Beating Gouken will unlock him.

7. Rose: Finish the arcade mode with M. Bison. That will unlock her.

8. Sakura Kasugano: Finish the arcade mode with Ryu. That will unlock her.

9. Seth: Finish the arcade mode with all the other characters. That will unlock him.

A useful tip at the start of the game: With every (starter) character you use to beat the game, another one gets unlocked.

And heres how to unlock Street Fighter 4 characters with an incredibly easy to perform tip that works on every character.Set the difficulty to easiest, and the rounds to one. Go through each opponent while hitting Hard Kick or Hard Punch repeatedly.

Hope this helps someone.

Happy Hadokening !!!.
Sat 21/02/09 at 13:13
"possibly impossible"
Mad Katz have abandonned their cheap and cheerful aproach now, they're concentrating on mqaking decent quality stuff.

How I wish I could afford it..
Fri 20/02/09 at 22:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
For those who haven't had chance to play it yet,SF IV is a great game and its Madcatz 'fightpad' controller is superb.Its better for beat em ups than the PS3 controller and miles better than the 360 controller with its useless D-Pad.The wire is a bit a pain (although the PS3 version is apparently wireless),but other than that its a great pad for fighting games and I would certainly recommend it to beat em up fans.
Fri 09/01/09 at 09:04
Regular
"I like turtles"
Mad Catz are releasing fighting pads and joysticks for use with the forthcoming Streetfighter IV (as well as most other beat em ups such as Soul Calibur IV and Tekken 6 when it arrives later this year).The joystick is very similar to Hori's excellent EX-2 fighting stick which is expensive and very had to find.While the pad is apparently based on the old Sega Saturn Pad.These controllers are being produced for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Mad Catz SF4 Controllers

They have been produced under licence from Capcom so hopefully will be better quality than some previous Mad Catz items ?.There are a few different designs and they look really cool.Amazon.co.uk are selling the game and a pad for about £55 which isn't too bad in my opinion.Although none of these controllers are wireless they have got to be of interest to us poor 360 owners who have put up with the dreadful D-Pad for too long.I suppose its a bit expensive if you need to buy 2 to play your mates,but anyone who has played XBLA's Streetfighter HD Remix will know it doesn't play at all well on the 360's D-Pad.The only fighting game which will probably not work with them is Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe due to its unique control system (uses trigger system to guard/hold).Playing Namco & Capcom beat em ups should be a great improvement,which is really what I suppose they have been designed for ?.I have ordered the SF4 game/pad bundle and will report back once I tested (or broke !) it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.