GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Band?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/04/03 at 18:28
Regular
If you had to pick a favourite band, what would it be. Please add reasons!

Mine has to be Queens Of The Stone Age. Their new album is amazing and their other two are excellent too. Every song on those three albums are excellent and I think they'll be around for a long time, like Metallica or U2. Greatness.
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:28
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
If you had to pick a favourite band, what would it be. Please add reasons!

Mine has to be Queens Of The Stone Age. Their new album is amazing and their other two are excellent too. Every song on those three albums are excellent and I think they'll be around for a long time, like Metallica or U2. Greatness.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
How has no one ever thought of doing this thread before!?!?!?

Trawl back about a week, I said The Beatles, the reasons are the same now as then.
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:17
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
My favourite band changes almost monthly, but at the moment I'm really into Rage Against The Machine. I know they split up a few years ago but i still really like they're music. Tom Morrello is a GOD!!!! He's well known for his extensive use of mad effects eg. Whammy pedals, harmonizers and phaser. Rage reformed as audioslave with a different singer but i think Rage are...i mean WERE one of the greatest rock bands ever. The guitar work is basically rock/metal (The best genre!) burt the lyrics are rapped over the top. The also wrote the theme tune to The Matrix (Wake Up). What about you guys? Anyone else like Rage?
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:22
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Slipknot, I just love their heavy riffs and mixure of instrumental madness.
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:30
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Re: Slipknot

I like them too. Loads of people dis them because they're grunge but most of them haven't even heard they're music. I just say: Fine then. You find me another band in which 9 people can play together at an average speed of 214/237 bpm (Beats per minute) with both guitars in mad tuning (Drop D down 3 more frets on each string. The 6th sting goes to a B!!!!!) and with a singer who can control his voice 2 octaves below middle C, AND have 2 perucssionists, sampling and turntables. Putting that all together takes SKILL and TALENT. And THAT'S why i think they're such a good band.
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:38
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
yeah thats exactly what I think, except for most of it.

people don't understand how talented they are. Just cos they don't like em they dis em. That pEEs me off. When you listen to them with headphones though, you can hear everything so much better.

They also rock live, and I touched Chris Fehns nose.
Mon 07/04/03 at 21:44
Regular
"we escape....."
radiohead - one of the cleverest bands ever, greatly innovative, thought provoking through music.
Mon 07/04/03 at 22:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pumpkins - Like what vice said about Radiohead, with a whole load of quality on top. And some of the coolest guitars ever. (not saying Radiohead are bad - they are great) :D

And songs that make me think. A lot. Or are me. If you know what I mean.

Ah.

*walks off*
Tue 08/04/03 at 07:22
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> How has no one ever thought of doing this thread before!?!?!?
>
> Trawl back about a week, I said The Beatles, the reasons are the same
> now as then.

Gah, p***k off, gimp. You don't have to reply. And I haven't hardly been here a week yet.
Tue 08/04/03 at 08:51
Regular
"we escape....."
oi don't get mad at him just because you lost

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.