GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Macromedia Dreamweaver 8"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/09 at 19:38
Regular
I really need some help here, my boss and I have been trying to figure this out all day and he just gave me 1 hour to figure it out while he goes on a service call. If I dont have it fixed by the time he gets back then I am fired!

We are using Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. Trying to preview a website in our browser. He can view it on his computer, but I can not view it on mine. We have the same info typed in for editing the site.Local Info and Testing Server are exactly the same. Any one have any suggestions for me to try? He will be back in 52 minutes. Thanks!
Sat 10/01/09 at 18:46
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
lol, nice post Hmmm.... lol
if we dont get a reply by monday 5pm i guess he got fired.
Fri 09/01/09 at 17:23
"Are you sure?"
jmsst44 wrote:
> ...If I dont have it fixed by the time he gets back then I am fired!

Have you still got a job???

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 08/01/09 at 20:07
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
just to add, i noticed that i can add info/pics to my website using dreamweaver and can view the updates in a browser by typing in the webaddress, ie www.mywebsite.com even when i have not uploaded the new files, but if i view the site from a different pc the updates are not there, this is due to my browser fetching the updates from my local folder not the webserver even tho the browser appears to be displaying the website from the server. hope this helps.
Thu 08/01/09 at 20:00
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
im no expert but i guess your boss has the website stored in a local folder on his PC and you dont, see if you can set your dreamweaver settings to get local files from his PC over the network, or just download all files from the webserver to your pc then set up dreamweaver to allow any changes you make to the site availible to all users.
good luck
Thu 08/01/09 at 19:38
Regular
I really need some help here, my boss and I have been trying to figure this out all day and he just gave me 1 hour to figure it out while he goes on a service call. If I dont have it fixed by the time he gets back then I am fired!

We are using Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. Trying to preview a website in our browser. He can view it on his computer, but I can not view it on mine. We have the same info typed in for editing the site.Local Info and Testing Server are exactly the same. Any one have any suggestions for me to try? He will be back in 52 minutes. Thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.