GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newer Simpsons Episodes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/04/03 at 17:18
Regular
Does anyone out there think newer Simpson episodes are um....Rubbish?

Don't get me wrong, "The Simpsons" is a great show and has entertained the public for over a decade but lately, the storylines (Like when Homer is taken to "The Island" and gets Drugged nearly 10 times in the episode)seem to more likely to appear on "Family Guy" (A Great Show) or "Futurama" and the jokes are getting more american, unlike a couple of years ago where the jokes where aimed at a wider audience.

Send in your views whether you think the show has never been better or whether you think "Fox" made a mistake by firing the original writters of the show and replacing them with the current ones?
Mon 07/04/03 at 17:18
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Does anyone out there think newer Simpson episodes are um....Rubbish?

Don't get me wrong, "The Simpsons" is a great show and has entertained the public for over a decade but lately, the storylines (Like when Homer is taken to "The Island" and gets Drugged nearly 10 times in the episode)seem to more likely to appear on "Family Guy" (A Great Show) or "Futurama" and the jokes are getting more american, unlike a couple of years ago where the jokes where aimed at a wider audience.

Send in your views whether you think the show has never been better or whether you think "Fox" made a mistake by firing the original writters of the show and replacing them with the current ones?
Mon 07/04/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Still good... just used up most of the ideas I guess.
Mon 07/04/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I won’t see these episodes for a fair while yet, I think we just had series 3 a while back.

*Curses terrestrial TV*
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:07
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I won’t see these episodes for a fair while yet, I think we just had
> series 3 a while back.
>
> *Curses terrestrial TV*

Sorry English_Bloke, but BBC 2 have recently shown episodes from as far as season 10, the reason I know this because they recently showed the one where Homer becomes a inventor like Thomas Edison (Or "The Wizard of Evergreen Terrance")
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:26
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Did anyone just watch "The Simpsons" on BBC 2, ok, the plot the was a bit weird, but the James Bond jokes were pretty funny (like where Homer tackled the James Bond lookalike). If you thought the episode was rubbish, send in your comments.
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Was that really that far in?

What series is the one where Hommer becomes a hippie?

Yes I just watched it, I like the bit near the end where he kicks the grenade. And when the guy is doing the video link and Hommer is just in the background scratching his butt.
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
When Homer Became a Hippie, it was in Season 10 (The Episode was called "D'oh in the wind"), the best joke was when Homer finds out his middle name (Homer "Jay" Simpson) but if anyone has a better joke, send it in.
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
deadmetal wrote:
> the best joke was when Homer
> finds out his middle name (Homer "Jay" Simpson) > anyone has a better joke, send it in.

That did make me chuckle somewhat.
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Their passed series 10 now. It was the Steven Hawking episode the other day.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:18
Regular
no i think the best moment in the simpsons ever is when homer is having an erotic photo shoot and bart tries to walk in, then homer dives at the door head first and uses his head as a door stop, then bart says he isn't interested and the next thing you see is bart at the window wide mouthed, then the blind gets pulled down but flings straight back up and but bart and millhouse are standing their wide mouthed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.