GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ORDER BY prob`"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/09 at 19:18
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Hello all,
I have a small problem with a MySQL query,
im selecting info from a table and asking it order by the numbers of goals scored, but once the goal total is 10 or more the players name and goal tally is listed below players who have scored 1 goal. This prob may have a simple answer, but im new to Databases and any help you can offer me will be much appreciated.
Many thx in advance.

All sorted now
Sun 25/01/09 at 15:08
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Hiya JTD,
its no probs, i sorted the prob the same night as posting the original thread, i was just reading through the forum last night and replied to my own question due to suffering from forum frenzy. As no one had replied i thought i'd post an answer just to complete the thread. Thx for your interest thro.
Surf Safe M8.
Sun 25/01/09 at 10:16
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
HI Tappet,

Sorry I missed your original post - I could have told you that ages ago. I am a good for nothing let down.

JTD
Sun 25/01/09 at 02:42
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
This prob was sorted by changing the type of field the goal tally was stored in, the field type was changed from VARCHAR to INT.

INT should be used for the field type where you wish to store numerical characters, There are serveral variations of the INT field type and which one you should use depends on the length of the value of the string you wish to store, below is an example:

Type Bytes Minimum Value Maximum Value
(Signed/Unsigned) (Signed/Unsigned)

TINYINT 1 -128 127
0 255
SMALLINT 2 -32768 32767
0 65535
MEDIUMINT 3 -8388608 8388607
0 16777215
INT 4 -2147483648 2147483647
0 4294967295
BIGINT 8 values great than the above

VARCHAR [30] should only be used when storing a mix of Alphabetical and Numerical character of an unknown length.
Thu 08/01/09 at 19:18
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Hello all,
I have a small problem with a MySQL query,
im selecting info from a table and asking it order by the numbers of goals scored, but once the goal total is 10 or more the players name and goal tally is listed below players who have scored 1 goal. This prob may have a simple answer, but im new to Databases and any help you can offer me will be much appreciated.
Many thx in advance.

All sorted now

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.