GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Me !!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 11:48
Regular
Yesterday i was on MSN talking to some friends when my favortie program came on the TV. I left my PC the way it was and went to watch TV. I came back an hour later to find that my pc had opened a new Instant Message window for every person who is on my list.

This supprised me as even if the person was offline it opened a window. My PC also decided to send all these people a program called "blaaag.exe". Some of my frieds accepted this file and then relised it was a virus so they dont like me much now.

This annoyed me alot. I went in to folder C:windows where this file was. To my attension i noticed that there were 17 files the same as this but with different names. Some of these has weird names such as "cheeseburger" and "hello_kitty".

In order to delte these i had to go into processes and close them all. I was starting to get a bit lost becuase i dont know much on that side of pc's. I asked a few people i knew and they said download "norton antivirus" I did this, installed and left it over night to find all virus's. Woke to find that Norton had found 165 files infected. It had sorted them all out.

Closed everything and restarted my pc as it said to do by norton. When it loaded up i could not open any .exe file. I could not open the interent, email, any game and even small programs such as paint and noteplad. I went straight to PC world and asked about my problem. They new straight away what the annser was. RE-INSTALL WINDOWS.
Sun 06/04/03 at 11:48
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Yesterday i was on MSN talking to some friends when my favortie program came on the TV. I left my PC the way it was and went to watch TV. I came back an hour later to find that my pc had opened a new Instant Message window for every person who is on my list.

This supprised me as even if the person was offline it opened a window. My PC also decided to send all these people a program called "blaaag.exe". Some of my frieds accepted this file and then relised it was a virus so they dont like me much now.

This annoyed me alot. I went in to folder C:windows where this file was. To my attension i noticed that there were 17 files the same as this but with different names. Some of these has weird names such as "cheeseburger" and "hello_kitty".

In order to delte these i had to go into processes and close them all. I was starting to get a bit lost becuase i dont know much on that side of pc's. I asked a few people i knew and they said download "norton antivirus" I did this, installed and left it over night to find all virus's. Woke to find that Norton had found 165 files infected. It had sorted them all out.

Closed everything and restarted my pc as it said to do by norton. When it loaded up i could not open any .exe file. I could not open the interent, email, any game and even small programs such as paint and noteplad. I went straight to PC world and asked about my problem. They new straight away what the annser was. RE-INSTALL WINDOWS.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:04
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
you shouldnt be downloading things from the internet then should you. You go and spoil things for the rest of us. My whole website is on that pc. Even the things that arent up yet.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You two share computers?

You know you can re-install Windows without losing any files, yes?
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:18
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
but if you dont delete the files then you would still have the virus.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
My word, you are lame.

The virus is gone, just removing it screwed Windows. So, just install Windows over the top. It wouldn't have infected your website's HTML files anyway.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:49
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Turbonutter wrote:
> You two share computers?
>
> You know you can re-install Windows without losing any files, yes?

In order to get the files to work everything has to be wiped, They were the exact words from The pc world guy

and yes, we are brothers, bought the pc between us and have different user on it
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:50
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Turbonutter wrote:
> My word, you are lame.
>
> The virus is gone, just removing it screwed Windows. So, just install
> Windows over the top. It wouldn't have infected your website's HTML
> files anyway.

so how do you install windows without wipeing everything else?
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
WindowsXP yes?
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:54
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
yes
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:55
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Win98???

Just stick the CD in and a boot disk if you have it, then when DOS loads up type D:/setup (where D: is the CD ROM Drive with the Windows disk in)

Then, it'll just go over the old windows file with the fresh ones.

You'll loose any updates for windows you have, but can always download them again :)

You won't loose any files like games or non-windows programs or personal word/html/excel etc files.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.