GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Requiem For A Dream"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 09:02
Regular
Saw this film yesterday finally, after wanting to see it for ages. Was pretty impressed with it, but feel that, as most films I watch nowadays, it's totally overrated. It's not "insanely dark" as I've heard others put it and some parts of it are quite strange, but I like that. A decent film that perhaps I shall add to my DVD collection soon. So, who here has seen it and if so, what did you think of it?
Mon 07/04/03 at 04:02
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
We showed it at our College film night thing as part of a cross-moodinisation themed evening. Requiem for a Dream followed by It's a Wonderful Life. It was an insane emotion scrambling experience. I'm not sure I ever fully recovered.
Sun 06/04/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I loved it - the "insanely dark" bit is all relative. If you watch it not wanting to find it or, or prepare for what is comming, or sitting with a bunch of mates drinking and cracking jokes it won't have much impact. I watched it in a small preview room at Uni with only about four other people before it got a wide theather release. It is the only film that has ever made me feel physically ill. I was in a cold sweat, feeling like I was about to throw up and was half thinking of getting up and leaving, but couldn't stop watching.

Also depends on how you see and relate to/with the characters - both specifically those in the film and characters in general.
Sun 06/04/03 at 13:57
Regular
"cachoo"
Oh damnit. It was on last night wasn't it? I wanted to see that..
Sun 06/04/03 at 13:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Shall be watching it soon, along with Frailty.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Read the book. There are no speech marks and it gets sodding hard to understand who's talking.
Sun 06/04/03 at 09:02
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Saw this film yesterday finally, after wanting to see it for ages. Was pretty impressed with it, but feel that, as most films I watch nowadays, it's totally overrated. It's not "insanely dark" as I've heard others put it and some parts of it are quite strange, but I like that. A decent film that perhaps I shall add to my DVD collection soon. So, who here has seen it and if so, what did you think of it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.