GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Equilibrium"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/03 at 20:27
Regular
Saw this film earlier today, it is pretty cool actually.
Here's my mini-review of it.

The basic storyline is that emotions have been banned to stop wars and violence (People inject wee coloured fluid into their necks to stop them 'feeling') - However there are a number of rebells/culture vultures who are intent on still feeling.

Anyway the main dude is a special agent who is responsible for keeping people who feel, dead. However he shoots his own partner for 'feeling' and then begins to feel emotions himself, joins the other people who have emotions and destroys the overlord of the city who maintains the state of the world. Fairly origional, if slightly stupid.

The plot and presentation are a combination of Minority Report and The Matrix, as are the action sequences and the soundtracks. The lobby scene from the Matrix is mirrored in the film but there ARE a number of classy and well presented action scenes as well.

If you are seeking something original and ground breaking, Equilibrium will not tease your fancy. However if you're looking for an easy to watch fast-paced action movie with a nice twist and some cool explosions, this is for you.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Saw this film earlier today, it is pretty cool actually.
Here's my mini-review of it.

The basic storyline is that emotions have been banned to stop wars and violence (People inject wee coloured fluid into their necks to stop them 'feeling') - However there are a number of rebells/culture vultures who are intent on still feeling.

Anyway the main dude is a special agent who is responsible for keeping people who feel, dead. However he shoots his own partner for 'feeling' and then begins to feel emotions himself, joins the other people who have emotions and destroys the overlord of the city who maintains the state of the world. Fairly origional, if slightly stupid.

The plot and presentation are a combination of Minority Report and The Matrix, as are the action sequences and the soundtracks. The lobby scene from the Matrix is mirrored in the film but there ARE a number of classy and well presented action scenes as well.

If you are seeking something original and ground breaking, Equilibrium will not tease your fancy. However if you're looking for an easy to watch fast-paced action movie with a nice twist and some cool explosions, this is for you.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Light of the world"
sorry but....i thought it was a cheaper, cheesier, worse acted version of the donn MATRIX! ...jus couldnt help comprin it!
Tue 08/04/03 at 21:42
Regular
Equilibrium is a poor excuse for a pile of poo
Tue 08/04/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Im afraid i must agree with the two young ones Kyz, you post some good stuff, but apparently your film taste inst all that. Eqilibrium made me re-evaluate my life and look at how im wasting it. it really put things into persective acctually...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.