GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good Old Games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/09 at 08:11
Regular
"THFC"
Well basically, i was sitting at work thinking;

I never had my Xbox 360 from release and didnt have an Xbox, so i was thinking about all the great games i might have missed out on. So if anyone can think of some good classic games that anyone could pick it rather cheap now, then please post them on here, maybe with a small description of the game.

Don't just keep it to the Xbox because im sure some people may want older playstation games, or Gamecube games for their wii, so start posting, hopefully we will discover some good old games for us to all enjoy!
Tue 20/01/09 at 21:05
Regular
I might consider getting Brute Force if I see if on the XB Originals download service (or in cheap yet good condition - and 360 compatible) - I missed out on that one but understood it to be a great early title for Xbox.
Tue 20/01/09 at 20:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You can edit posts Tony. Saves you posting twice.
Tue 20/01/09 at 19:16
Regular
"THE WORLD IS MINE"
sorry brute FORCE not orce
Tue 20/01/09 at 19:15
Regular
"THE WORLD IS MINE"
brute orce was an awsome game
coop story mode!!
Thu 08/01/09 at 17:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Black & Mashed were great on the original Xbox.4 Player games on Mashed were fantastic fun.
Thu 08/01/09 at 12:18
Regular
Admittedly I have Skies on the Dreamcast and played it a lot more on it. Despite being an older system, the sound quality of the fantastic soundtrack was far superior on the Dreamcast due to it eing spread over two discs. The sound quality was sacrificed to fit Skies onto one GC disc.

I bought Skies Legends to check out the new content but have hardly played the Cube version...I've still got it and I will play it again :)
Thu 08/01/09 at 09:56
Regular
"THFC"
pb wrote:
> Had Skies on Dreamcast and never quite finished it. Borrowed it
> on GC but never got time to play. One day I'll grab another copy
> from Ebay.

When i had my Wii i had it and played most of it again. Really liked the game

Old RPG's are great and a big mention has to go to the Suikoden series. 1 + 2 are great RPG's on the Playstation.

If you like RPG's and have never played them, and have a good amount of money in the bank, then try pick these up, they are fantastic. But i am sure 99% of you know all about the game and if you dont, just ask and i am sure we can all throw some useful info in for you!
Thu 08/01/09 at 09:06
"possibly impossible"
Had Skies on Dreamcast and never quite finished it. Borrowed it on GC but never got time to play. One day I'll grab another copy from Ebay.
Thu 08/01/09 at 08:26
Regular
"THFC"
Skies of Arcadia, good game. Really loved playing through it. Would recommend it to anyone with a Wii or Gamecube!

I do often forget how many great games the gamecube had, i really enjoyed it as a console and think it sometimes get overlooked by people.

This thread is going better than expected lol!
Wed 07/01/09 at 23:46
"possibly impossible"
I've got Soul Calibur II on Xbox for similar reasons, mainly because I love Spawn as a character and used to collect the comics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.