GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord of the Rings: Conquest"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Lord of the Rings: Conquest'.
Tue 06/01/09 at 20:15
Regular
"THFC"
Hey everyone, Xbox live marketplace has once again provided us with a great new Demo of what looks like a fantastic new Game.

LoTR Conquest is hitting shelves on the 16th of Jan and if your unaware of what it is, well it is like Star Wars Battlefront (made and developed by the same people) but just with Swords and Magic, not Lightsabers and guns.

If you don't have a clue what either of these games are, well here is a little bit of help. Ever imagined what it would be like to be a Gondorian Archer in Minas Tirith, waiting for the oncoming attack? Well thats what this game does, it puts you in the place of the people who were in the middle of all the great battles in the trilogy everyone loves. ou have to hold certain points in the battle until retreating and taking shelter else where, with the ability to be either a Mage, a Warrior, a Scout or an Archer, all with pros and cons and special attacks.

It is a great way to experience these massive battles, and of course,there is the option o play as the bad guys, raging havoc in the shre while you slay hobbits, or take down the walls of Gondor , leaving no one alive inside. So thats what the game is like, but there are some great features, if your doing well n a battle you get to play as a hero for your side, so maybe Gandolf, or the the huge flaming Balrog. Earning this little bonus wil help you rack up the kills and help your side to victory. So it all sounds fantastic so far, right?

Well it gets even better, what next gen game would be seen without a Online mode, form part of an 8 man team as either the good or bad and take on the other in several online modes, from capturing the One Ring or taking key positions in the maps working up points until you reach 1000 points.

Throw in some pretty good graphics and it sounds like we got ourselves a game! But don't just take my word for it, go on the Marketplace and download he demo (quite a big one at 1.2 gb) but it has online mode and training, so yo get to play more than enough to make you want this game!

I for one am looking forward to the 16th of January and getting my hands on this ace little game. I missed out on battlefront because i was not online with my consoles at this point, which i am very annoyed about because i love both Star Wars and LoTR, maybe i will be able to pick it up at a good price now, but either way, take a look at LoTR if i sparked a bit of interest while talking about this game!

Also i look forward to hearing what you all make of the game and the demo, any cons you may have found and all the pros, which side you iike being. Also if your anything like me and enjoy slaying Hobbits more than you think you should!
Tue 06/01/09 at 20:15
Regular
"THFC"
Hey everyone, Xbox live marketplace has once again provided us with a great new Demo of what looks like a fantastic new Game.

LoTR Conquest is hitting shelves on the 16th of Jan and if your unaware of what it is, well it is like Star Wars Battlefront (made and developed by the same people) but just with Swords and Magic, not Lightsabers and guns.

If you don't have a clue what either of these games are, well here is a little bit of help. Ever imagined what it would be like to be a Gondorian Archer in Minas Tirith, waiting for the oncoming attack? Well thats what this game does, it puts you in the place of the people who were in the middle of all the great battles in the trilogy everyone loves. ou have to hold certain points in the battle until retreating and taking shelter else where, with the ability to be either a Mage, a Warrior, a Scout or an Archer, all with pros and cons and special attacks.

It is a great way to experience these massive battles, and of course,there is the option o play as the bad guys, raging havoc in the shre while you slay hobbits, or take down the walls of Gondor , leaving no one alive inside. So thats what the game is like, but there are some great features, if your doing well n a battle you get to play as a hero for your side, so maybe Gandolf, or the the huge flaming Balrog. Earning this little bonus wil help you rack up the kills and help your side to victory. So it all sounds fantastic so far, right?

Well it gets even better, what next gen game would be seen without a Online mode, form part of an 8 man team as either the good or bad and take on the other in several online modes, from capturing the One Ring or taking key positions in the maps working up points until you reach 1000 points.

Throw in some pretty good graphics and it sounds like we got ourselves a game! But don't just take my word for it, go on the Marketplace and download he demo (quite a big one at 1.2 gb) but it has online mode and training, so yo get to play more than enough to make you want this game!

I for one am looking forward to the 16th of January and getting my hands on this ace little game. I missed out on battlefront because i was not online with my consoles at this point, which i am very annoyed about because i love both Star Wars and LoTR, maybe i will be able to pick it up at a good price now, but either way, take a look at LoTR if i sparked a bit of interest while talking about this game!

Also i look forward to hearing what you all make of the game and the demo, any cons you may have found and all the pros, which side you iike being. Also if your anything like me and enjoy slaying Hobbits more than you think you should!
Tue 06/01/09 at 23:20
"possibly impossible"
Yep, downloaded from PSN the other day and it's quite a nice game, though not sure about how long it would hold my interest.
Wed 07/01/09 at 07:51
Regular
"THFC"
pb wrote:
> Yep, downloaded from PSN the other day and it's quite a nice
> game, though not sure about how long it would hold my interest.

I think i would hold on to a playthrough but i dont know how long that would be, and the online would hopefully keep me playing for some time, i think i will pick it up, just wish it was out now (despite i still have plenty of games to get through)
Wed 07/01/09 at 10:49
"possibly impossible"
Are you going to get this as a GAD choice?

I've still got SW Battlefront 2 on Xbox lying around somewhere, it's one of the games I can't bear to get rid of!
Wed 07/01/09 at 10:53
Regular
"THFC"
Yea i think i will claim it with one of my wins, but i have to wait until the 15th before i can claim so just holding out for that.

Not sure what else i am going to get, there is loads coming out i want but being me i want something now lol!

I think i will have a look at how much i can pick Battlefront 2 up for, wonder if many people still play it online?
Wed 07/01/09 at 11:44
"possibly impossible"
The few times I've been on there have been games in progress, so yes, you should find someone online. Might dust it off again myself!

There's always some recent game to get:
Mirror's Edge, Endwar, MK vs DC, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Resistance 2, Pure, Quantum of Solace...

If you haven't got them already.

Next games I want are:
Endwar, MK vs DC, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Resistance 2 and probably LOTR Conquest now you mention it!
Wed 07/01/09 at 12:26
Regular
"THFC"
I will pick up Mirrors Edge but it is like £15 now in some shops so i will probably pick this up in town when i have completed my current games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.