GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Gets To Me About HHH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/03 at 12:28
Regular
*Possible RAW spoilers from last night, only small ones though*

If you've seen the last 3 episodes of RAW, epsecially last night's, you will have definitely seen Triple H in some entertaining matches...last night he faced The Hurricane, and to be honest, nearly lost.

Now here's the thing. I've stuck up for HHH for a while now because I still think he's a great performer, but I know he uses his power to get the success (being World Champion for 6 months.) And yes, he does use his power to make sure he gets the victories he wants.

But, I don't think it was his decision to lost to Booker at WrestleMania. I think HHH is willing to put Booker over, but at Backlash. I reckon there'll be a rematch, because there's still masses of heat in the feud, and HHH will put Booker over in the RAW main event whilst Smackdown flounders with Brock Lesnar and...and who? That is if it's not a RAW-only PPV.

I've read some columns recently that mention how, although he dislikes putting people over completely, HH has always been great at selling moves and competitors, and I think this was proved last night. He made Hurricane, a cruiserweight, look like a fantastic competitor. Hurricane had loads of offence, and if it wasn't for Flair, Hurricane would've won with the Chokeslam.

I vaguely remember a match against D'Lo Brown where they both had bags on their head or something, and D'Lo got in a lot of offence and it was very funny. HHH has also put Booker over well, especially with that chilling backstage segment with Flair last week where he said, "I guess no one told Booker T that," and limped away.

You know what I think HHH needs...or doesn't need, in fact? Ric Flair. HHH has improved recently and he's great at selling moves, but Flair...he's nothing like HHH to be honest. Triple H doesn't need him.

I'm not sure what the point of this topic was...I think HHH will put Booker over at Backlash, and I guess I'm just reminding you all that he's still a top wrestler who sells for everyone...unlike Austin, who prefers the old squash match.

Anyway, Goldberg vs Rock at Backlash? Go Rocky! :D

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 06/04/03 at 09:23
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
In-bloody-deed.
Sat 05/04/03 at 22:14
Regular
"..."
What gets to me about HHH...well, from an interview that only appeared today over at WWE.COM...

WWE.com: What would you say to a younger talent who is frustrated that WWE seems to keep hiring people, as opposed to giving the talent already on the roster an opportunity?

Triple H: My advice would be to not worry about other guys, worry about yourself. This company can't strap a rocket on somebody who is not ready for it, no matter what. But a talent can strap a rocket on himself whether the office is ready to push him or not, and get himself over. It doesn't work the other way around. There have been numerous examples in the past of guys who they've tried to go to the moon with: Sid, Lex Luger. Guys that they really tried to go with. And then it didn't work out. They can't push somebody that the fans aren't ready to accept in that position. Steve Austin made himself. Yes, the office then took the ball and ran with it. But when Steve came in and he was the Ringmaster, and nobody gave a crap about him, Steve changed his persona, Steve changed his attitude. Before the office was ever doing anything with him, before he was doing the stuff with Bret Hart, Steve was creating a persona that the fans were getting behind. I know because I was working with him every now and then, and he was one of the most over guys, even though he was basically a bottom-of-the-card guy. He was working a program with Savio Vega, and at the bottom of the card, but he was getting one of the biggest reactions on the show. And he had all the tools there to do it. Guys have got to make sure they have all the tools. Too many guys I see, the office tells them what they want them to do to make it, and they don't do it. (The office will) say, "Well, you don't have any interview skills. You need to do that." They don't do it, they don't go practice, they don't do anything. "We need you to change your look." They don't change anything. "We need you to change this." They don't do it.

Anyone else spot the blatant hypocrisy in that???
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You tell him.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:32
Regular
Sure it was...
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:19
Regular
Triple H doesn't need Flair, fact. But, woth Ric by his side, he's become more of a heel. People love to hate them both.

Hurricane is my favourite wrestler, has been since the Invasion angle. I'm glad that he is getting more TV time. He's a great athelete, he's learning a lot of new moves. Hopefully he can have a decent reign as RAW Tag Champ with a fellow face.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:17
Regular
"I like cheese"
Really? I thought that was Smackdown.

Okay then, move my prediction to Judgment Day then. :D
Sat 05/04/03 at 19:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
HHH won't be defending his title at Backlash. They are lining up some triple tag match or something.
Sat 05/04/03 at 12:28
Regular
"I like cheese"
*Possible RAW spoilers from last night, only small ones though*

If you've seen the last 3 episodes of RAW, epsecially last night's, you will have definitely seen Triple H in some entertaining matches...last night he faced The Hurricane, and to be honest, nearly lost.

Now here's the thing. I've stuck up for HHH for a while now because I still think he's a great performer, but I know he uses his power to get the success (being World Champion for 6 months.) And yes, he does use his power to make sure he gets the victories he wants.

But, I don't think it was his decision to lost to Booker at WrestleMania. I think HHH is willing to put Booker over, but at Backlash. I reckon there'll be a rematch, because there's still masses of heat in the feud, and HHH will put Booker over in the RAW main event whilst Smackdown flounders with Brock Lesnar and...and who? That is if it's not a RAW-only PPV.

I've read some columns recently that mention how, although he dislikes putting people over completely, HH has always been great at selling moves and competitors, and I think this was proved last night. He made Hurricane, a cruiserweight, look like a fantastic competitor. Hurricane had loads of offence, and if it wasn't for Flair, Hurricane would've won with the Chokeslam.

I vaguely remember a match against D'Lo Brown where they both had bags on their head or something, and D'Lo got in a lot of offence and it was very funny. HHH has also put Booker over well, especially with that chilling backstage segment with Flair last week where he said, "I guess no one told Booker T that," and limped away.

You know what I think HHH needs...or doesn't need, in fact? Ric Flair. HHH has improved recently and he's great at selling moves, but Flair...he's nothing like HHH to be honest. Triple H doesn't need him.

I'm not sure what the point of this topic was...I think HHH will put Booker over at Backlash, and I guess I'm just reminding you all that he's still a top wrestler who sells for everyone...unlike Austin, who prefers the old squash match.

Anyway, Goldberg vs Rock at Backlash? Go Rocky! :D

Thanks for reading, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.