GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best About Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/09 at 15:46
Regular
The Best Things About Freeola Is Everythink The Prices Are Cheap Everythink Is Good Im Glad I Signed Up With Freeola Dont You Other People Think So

Thanks Freeola
Tue 27/01/09 at 19:37
Regular
i have been with freeola for only short time but so far i have found them to be great with good speeds and pings, unlimited web space and a help desk that actually calls you back when they say they will - fantastic

i remember the special reserve days as i had a free pay as you go account with them as a backup dialup connection.
Mon 12/01/09 at 22:04
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
lol, same as m8, special reserve were gr8 for games, had the amiga too, i brought a 250mb harddrive for my amiga which plugged no the side and was near on half the size of the computer. Lemmings was a very addictive game also cannon fodder, classics! The best game i brought from SR was an adventure game Elvera, it came on a collection of 13 floppy disks and took a good month to complete.
In fact SR were that good for games i even got in my car 1 saturday morning after deciding on friday night i wanted a new game and drove 80 miles to thier shop in bishop stortford just to buy a new game cos their fast delivery just wasn't fast enough to get the game to me ready to play that day, but sadly 20 miles into my 80 mile home run i broke down and didn't get home until tea time.lol.

Anyway those days are behind us now but at least the gr8 service is still with us in the form of Freeola.
Mon 12/01/09 at 01:15
its, erm, Holden_McGroin :( TeamFortress2 simiancage UK servers best fun with HLXStats.

played the original (quake) Team fortress, then Team Fortress classic, both on 1p a minute freeola dialup lol, now TF2, Its just such daft cartoonish fun nowadays, but great on the Source Engine.

we better get the thread get back to freeola comments, eh ;) lol = so here you are.

I remember the original Special Reserve ( if You wondered where your SR username came from, there you are!), and I used to buy amiga games by mail order from their catalogue, mostly for the kids, but some for me lol. ....All on floppies. Me and th Mrs spent hours of harmless fun on lemmings lol.

They sold hardware too. I even bought 2mb of amiga ram from special reserve/freeola, it cost about £120 for the 2mb "ram pack" back in 1991 or 92 whenever it was, and countless joysticks.

They were even good do buy from way back then, stuff arrived very quickly, and i reckon half the time they didn't even wait for the cheques to clear.

I never reaslised I was signing up with the same people years later when I saw a letter in PC gamer about 1p a minute dialup internet, then i saw the "special reserve" section on the freeola site, and that was it, the penny dropped.

The rest was history. Next thing was a world war one downloads site on freeola "free" hosting, then my business, then came freeola broadband at home, then at work as well.

I buy most of me domains with freeola. I bought a domain the other day, CornwallTube and had the site up and running within an hour. everything had been sorted out, web space, the lot, in the time it took me to eat me tea.

Outstanding - all round.
Fri 09/01/09 at 02:33
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Team Fortress you say, now theres a game i aint played for years, blue team and the red team had a fight! Aint played any games for a few yrs now, but may get team fortress installed grab my spanner and build a few guns, (clang clang). Do you get in there often moonshine_framing, if so post your game tag and when u'll be playing and we'll have a game or 2, also have you ever played Counter Strike, best team shoot em up ever and a big step up from team fortress.

Soz to all for talking gaming in the web design forum.
Thu 08/01/09 at 22:15
you are right :) ive been using freeola for about ten years now. And I have two ISP accounts with them, one for home one for business.
Most importantly our business is now more online than over the shop counter, and so the reliabilty has helped our business.

The support is exceptional as well. Either by phone, email or via the forums.

And i get blinding pings playing team fortress and call of duty too ;)

What more can you want!

My first web site with freeola was years ago, on dial-up, nobody much in the UK had broadband at home then. it was a flight simulator site offering free downloads, and I had almost a gig of free downloads on it, and 1000s of visitors a day - all that on free hosting, and it had 100 percent up-time most years.
Apart from the 1p a minute uploading on dialup (anybody remember that lol) I never figured out how they managed to give unlimited web space and bandwidth for peanuts, but i guess it paid off for them, because Im not the only customer with home and business accounts with them now.
Ive got friends who use freeola hosting for their business sites, and I've not heard anyone with a bad word to say about them.

Well Pleased. Brilliant.
Thu 08/01/09 at 19:35
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya Mywebsiteworld and welcome to freeola.

I totally agree, Freeola is best for everything and i`m sure many other members agree too even tho none of them have posted a reply.

Freeola is a connection & hosting heaven.

And dont forget `we're all here to help each other`

Happy New Year and i hope you enjoy what Freeola has to offer!
Mon 05/01/09 at 15:46
Regular
The Best Things About Freeola Is Everythink The Prices Are Cheap Everythink Is Good Im Glad I Signed Up With Freeola Dont You Other People Think So

Thanks Freeola

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.