GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Three comedy movies I think you'll like..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/04/03 at 11:41
Regular
Office Space: Written and directed by Mike 'Beavis And Butthead' Judge. It's the story of a man so fed up with his office job, he decides to just stop coming in. With his new found happiness in life he gets a girlfriend and even a promotion at work. But when his work buddies lose their jobs they devise a plan to rob the company. This is such a good, down to earth comedy that can't be missed.

Dazed And Confused: Here's one for you View Askew fans. It includes performances from Ben Affleck, Jason London (brother of and better actor than Jeremy London from Mallrats)and Joey Lauren Adams. It's about a group of teenagers in the 70's on their last day of school. I don't know why but damn this movies good. It's just got that little something that far too many films are lacking these days. Even though it's from 1993 you really do believe it's in the 70's. Don't expect a gross out teenage flick, this has heart and a clever sense of humour. Quite hard to come across these days, but I believe it occasionaly pops up on Sky and is soon receiving a possibly budget R2 DVD release.

Freaked: We know what became of Ted (Kanu Reeves) but where the hell did Bill (Alex Winter) go to? Well he's here in Freaked as not only lead actor but co-director. This is the twisted tail of Ricky Coogan, a money grabbing, self lovin' actor who is sent to South America to be the spokesman for a new chemial product. On his journey him and two companions stop off at a freak show where they are mutated and forced to perform. This is by far the most bizzare and original comedy I've ever seen. It's so stupid it's genius. When they are being transformed, the guy doing it is using a computer. He selects the deform option and it comes up with a selection including "A little. A lot. Michael Jackson." That's just an example of the type of humour to expect. Even the hard to amuse creator of Ren And Stimpy loved it! And that's not all. It also stars Mr. T as The Bearded Lady, Willian Sandler (Death from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey and was also in Shawshank Redemption) and Kanu Reeves as the uncredited Dog Boy. Simply genius.

If you get the chance to watch any of these films, do so. If you can pick one of these up cheap from eBay, some cheap shop, watch on TV or borrow of a mate, you better. I doubt you'll be disappointed by any of them.

If you have seen them what's your opinions?
Fri 04/04/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Office Space: Written and directed by Mike 'Beavis And Butthead' Judge. It's the story of a man so fed up with his office job, he decides to just stop coming in. With his new found happiness in life he gets a girlfriend and even a promotion at work. But when his work buddies lose their jobs they devise a plan to rob the company. This is such a good, down to earth comedy that can't be missed.

Dazed And Confused: Here's one for you View Askew fans. It includes performances from Ben Affleck, Jason London (brother of and better actor than Jeremy London from Mallrats)and Joey Lauren Adams. It's about a group of teenagers in the 70's on their last day of school. I don't know why but damn this movies good. It's just got that little something that far too many films are lacking these days. Even though it's from 1993 you really do believe it's in the 70's. Don't expect a gross out teenage flick, this has heart and a clever sense of humour. Quite hard to come across these days, but I believe it occasionaly pops up on Sky and is soon receiving a possibly budget R2 DVD release.

Freaked: We know what became of Ted (Kanu Reeves) but where the hell did Bill (Alex Winter) go to? Well he's here in Freaked as not only lead actor but co-director. This is the twisted tail of Ricky Coogan, a money grabbing, self lovin' actor who is sent to South America to be the spokesman for a new chemial product. On his journey him and two companions stop off at a freak show where they are mutated and forced to perform. This is by far the most bizzare and original comedy I've ever seen. It's so stupid it's genius. When they are being transformed, the guy doing it is using a computer. He selects the deform option and it comes up with a selection including "A little. A lot. Michael Jackson." That's just an example of the type of humour to expect. Even the hard to amuse creator of Ren And Stimpy loved it! And that's not all. It also stars Mr. T as The Bearded Lady, Willian Sandler (Death from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey and was also in Shawshank Redemption) and Kanu Reeves as the uncredited Dog Boy. Simply genius.

If you get the chance to watch any of these films, do so. If you can pick one of these up cheap from eBay, some cheap shop, watch on TV or borrow of a mate, you better. I doubt you'll be disappointed by any of them.

If you have seen them what's your opinions?
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Office Space is the daddies. I was actually watching it again last night, and it's amazing how accurate it actually is.

1. - "You do know we're putting front cover sheets on all our TPS reports"

2. - "You've missed alot of work recently"
- "I wouldn't say I've missed work Bob"

3. - "Thinking I may go out with that new chick from logistics...may have to show her my Oh face, Oh Oh Oh Oh"

Seriously there are so many quotes from this movie that'll make you wet yourself, and if you haven't seen it, then SHAME ON YOU, and make sure you find a copy and blooming watch the thing.

"Ummmmmm Yeah"
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
"Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays"

It's just so damn good.

If you're interested in checking out the other two I mentioned:

Freaked:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? (space) ViewItem&item=3319805386&category=30144

Dazed And Confused:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? (space) ViewItem&item=3319650211&category=4346
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Yeah I'll try and give them a look, I always did wonder what happened to the guy that played Bill S. Preston Esquire.

Heres another Office Space Quote for you. Have a look on the website:

www.bullsh!tjob.com/officespace But change the ! for an I

Bob1 - "We found out that Milton, the guy who mubles alot, well he was laid off 5 years ago, but no-one ever told him, and due to a glitch in the payroll he's still been getting paid each month"

Bob2 - "Therefore we went ahead and fixed the glitch"

Lundberg - "You fired him right?"

Bob2 - "No we just fixed it so he won't be getting a paycheck anymore, we don't like confrontations, so it's easier ike this"
Sat 05/04/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Anyone else?
Fri 11/04/03 at 11:00
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
POP
Fri 11/04/03 at 11:23
Regular
"not dead"
ah yes i saw dazed and confused when i was in canada i havent seen the others but will keep an eye out thanks
Fri 11/04/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
What did you think of Dazed And Confused? I loved it...I don't know why, it just has that little something.
Fri 11/04/03 at 11:38
Regular
"not dead"
please excuse the lack of punctuation but yes i too thought it was great really capture the moment well the excitement of the last day etc
Fri 11/04/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I missed Office Space when it was on a while back. Really regretted that, sounds funny. Dazed & Confised was alright, but Freaked was wicked. Mr T as a bearded lady - come on! That's just fried gold.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.