GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/04/03 at 09:01
Regular
Metallica have announced their replacement for departed Jason Newstead.
Coming into the "Metallicamp" for their new album to be released in June called...."Sgt Anger" (stifles laughter).

And who is it?
Robert Trujillo

Who? Ask the nu-metal imps in hoodies?
The bass player from seminal skatecore band Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves.

Sgt Anger promises a return to "the noise, size and hate that Metallica what they were".
Which translates into:
They've stopped using string sections and ballads and have realised their fans now think they're big poofs.

Can't deny it either.
Last good album they made was "And Justice for All".
A shocking departure from Harvester of Sorrow to Nothing Else Matters.
Hell, even their bass player walked out on them in disgust.
So an awesome bass player joins a once-good metal band in the dying embers of their days.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
>
> And a band that prided itself on bootlegging imports, letting fans
> tape soundboard recordings, and issued the Garage Days Inc EP with the
> price printed on the cover so stores couldn't charge full price that
> has now become a band suing fans for downloading stuff from Napster?
>

I know nothing about Metallica, but that annoys me muchly.

> Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park....*shakes head*

And I agree there.
Tue 08/04/03 at 00:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Axl Dickinson wrote:
Just because that was the most commercial album, you think it
> makes you more of a fam to say it's crap? You only like the stuff
> before a band is famous, right? After that, it's not 'cool' anymore.
---

Hardly.
Metallica were massive before the black album, sorry to break it to you mate.
They sold huge quantities of records, played a massive gig in Russia (the first Western rock gig allowed there) and had platinum sales.
Then Bob "Motley Crue" Rock got involved and it turned rubbish.

If you watch the "Cliff 'em All" video, you can see Hetfield on stage at some club saying "Death to hair metal" and Ulrich saying "Bands sing about...dragons and fire and all that crap, man that's weak. We like to tackle topics head-on, give 'em some Metallidamage"
Uh-huh, nice words.
So explain "Wolf & Man" then Lars. A song about what..a werewolf?
Nothing Else Matters? String sections, people walking down the aisle to it?
From the same band that wrote One, Sanatarium, Leper Messiah, Ride The Lightning, Fade To Black etc?

It's got nothing to do with them being "cool because they're famous".
It's to do with watching the Cunning Stunts DVD and seeing Kirk say "I have a thing about strangers touching me, I dont like to get too close to them".
It's to do with seeing Lars having his hair done by an assistant and putting powder-base make up.

It's to do with even their bass player walking away and then saying "Put me and Voivoid against Metallica any day of the week, I'll blow them out of the water. We used to rock man, I don't know what Metallica is anymore"
If your bass player walks because you got soft, it's nowt to do with fame.
It's purely to do with weak songs, over-production and Lars Ulrich putting his ham-fisted, tom loving, weak-drumming fingerprints all over their work.
Compare:
One, Orion, Battery, Call of Khtulu, Harvester of Sorrow, Shortest Straw, Damage Inc, Dyer's Eve
and all the old stuff to:
Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, Mama Said, Wolf & Man.

Not even in the same league.
And a band that prided itself on bootlegging imports, letting fans tape soundboard recordings, and issued the Garage Days Inc EP with the price printed on the cover so stores couldn't charge full price that has now become a band suing fans for downloading stuff from Napster?

Cliched, corporate dinosaurs that are purely into the $$$.
And if you doubt just how lame they've become, check out the support acts for their tour.
Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park....*shakes head*
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:29
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Goatboy wrote:
> They used to before they turned into Boyzone with swearing

How dare you? And LP and LB are supporting them? I like Linkin Park, but come on :P
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Metallica annoy me. All this fuss about downloading their music is ridiculous when you consider what they charge for their DVDs. The RRPs for Cunning Stunts and S&M are between 30 and 35 quid. I swear I read somewhere (Garage Inc book I think) that Hetfield used to go round Lars' house and just copy all his tapes that he got imported from the UK as well. Hetfield - Hypocrit. Lars - Rich boy. Hammet - the man.

However, having said that, they still rule. Admittedly, Load and Reload weren't great. They had some good songs on but ultimately they were poor compared to the earlier stuff. However, Black Album was a superb album. Just because it wasn't all heavy doesn't make it Boyzone. Just because that was the most commercial album, you think it makes you more of a fam to say it's crap? You only like the stuff before a band is famous, right? After that, it's not 'cool' anymore.
Mon 07/04/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
½pint wrote:
> You complete and utter . The album is called 'St Anger', not 'Sgt
> Anger'. Saint Anger. Idiot.
---

Blow it out your 13yr old metal-loving ring.
If you like Metallica, that means you are gay.
Fact.

They used to matter, but now have become bloated corporate dinosaurs more concerned with make-up than rock.
Fact.

"Any fan that downloads our music instead of paying is no fan of mine" says Lars in Napster court-case.
"We used to listen to homemade tapes of The Misfits and Cliff would pound the dashboard"
Lars in liner-notes for Garage Days revisited.

Any relevance Metallica used to have disappeared long ago.
Metallica with San Fransisco Philharmonic Orchestra?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Load?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reload?
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

They are old, porky ex-rockers that need to retire and breed salmon.
Sgt Anger/St Anger, should have been called "Hey, we still rock. No, honestly we do! Come back"
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:54
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Blank wrote:

> And Goatboy, you're coming very close to...well, an idiot with your
> "Boyzone with swearing" quote.

Limp Bizkit.

Linking Park.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
St or Sgt, it makes no difference. Still a rubbish title.

And Goatboy, you're coming very close to...well, an idiot with your "Boyzone with swearing" quote.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:40
Regular
"¬_¬"
You complete and utter . The album is called 'St Anger', not 'Sgt Anger'. Saint Anger. Idiot.
Sat 05/04/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sibs wrote:
> Hmm. When was he in Suicidal...? Looking at the CD book from 'Free
> your soul...' he wasn't in it then...
--

He joined for the "Lights, Camera, Revolution" album in '90 and stayed right until "Suicidal For Life" in '94. Old School Suicidal.
I caught them at The Marquee in '89 and they didnt have Trujillo then, but when MTV started playing "Can't Bring Me Down" then got a reasonable amount of success.
I prefer the earlier stuff like "Join The Army (ST)", "How Can I Laugh" etc. Last album of their's I bought was "Suicidal for Life".
Sat 05/04/03 at 18:08
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I like Metallicas new stuff. Well, OK, I like a few tracks off ReLoad and the Black Album. Master Of Puppets rules all.

But the support for thier summer tour is Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. That is not rock.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.