GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats on at the Cinema!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/01/01 at 19:17
Regular
This is the DVD and Movies forum, so I'd like to ask you all what you've seen at the Cinema lately and ask what you would recommend to the rest of us.

"Cast Away" stars Tom Hanks stars with Helen Hunt in a film that will no doubt be nominated for numerous Academy Awards. Hanks takes the lead role of US postal worker Chuck Nolan, and Hunt stars as his fiancée. The film starts off very slow, but the acting is first class and this helps you to build up empathy for Hanks character. Nolan has the enviable job of delivering FedEx mail to and from Russia to the US, which is when the film really starts to shine. While flying to Russia, Nolans plane gets caught up in a storm and of course and crashes into the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The level of detail here is breathtakingly scary, definitely not a film to watch before you fly. Anyway Nolan eventually gets washed up on a deserted Island in the Middle of nowhere, with only a couple of FedEx packages to keep him company.
The film follows Nolans struggle to stay alive, with nobody to help him he has to use whatever he can find just to eat, drink and avoid boredom. Anyone who thinks it would be a Fantasy to live on a desert Island, should see this film. The film is incredibly cinematic in its use of darkness and silence. The film highlights how dependent modern man is on technology, even building a fire is beyond Nolans capabilities. After spending four years on the Island Nolan finds himself drifting into madness and regularly has conversations with a football. It eventually becomes apparent to Nolan that nobody will ever find him, and that he has to make it off the Island himself. The ending to this film is suprising, and thought provoking. The only complaint I could make is that the film is a bit long and so is not for anyone with a short attention span, however if you enjoy a thought provoking movie with a story line then this is for you. A throughly enjoyable film, and highly recommended.
Mon 22/01/01 at 19:17
This is the DVD and Movies forum, so I'd like to ask you all what you've seen at the Cinema lately and ask what you would recommend to the rest of us.

"Cast Away" stars Tom Hanks stars with Helen Hunt in a film that will no doubt be nominated for numerous Academy Awards. Hanks takes the lead role of US postal worker Chuck Nolan, and Hunt stars as his fiancée. The film starts off very slow, but the acting is first class and this helps you to build up empathy for Hanks character. Nolan has the enviable job of delivering FedEx mail to and from Russia to the US, which is when the film really starts to shine. While flying to Russia, Nolans plane gets caught up in a storm and of course and crashes into the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The level of detail here is breathtakingly scary, definitely not a film to watch before you fly. Anyway Nolan eventually gets washed up on a deserted Island in the Middle of nowhere, with only a couple of FedEx packages to keep him company.
The film follows Nolans struggle to stay alive, with nobody to help him he has to use whatever he can find just to eat, drink and avoid boredom. Anyone who thinks it would be a Fantasy to live on a desert Island, should see this film. The film is incredibly cinematic in its use of darkness and silence. The film highlights how dependent modern man is on technology, even building a fire is beyond Nolans capabilities. After spending four years on the Island Nolan finds himself drifting into madness and regularly has conversations with a football. It eventually becomes apparent to Nolan that nobody will ever find him, and that he has to make it off the Island himself. The ending to this film is suprising, and thought provoking. The only complaint I could make is that the film is a bit long and so is not for anyone with a short attention span, however if you enjoy a thought provoking movie with a story line then this is for you. A throughly enjoyable film, and highly recommended.
Thu 25/01/01 at 09:53
Told you this film was good, Tom Hanks just got a GoldenGlobe Award for his performance in Castaway (Best Actor).
Thu 25/01/01 at 21:11
I went to see "Meet the Parents" last week, it stars Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller and is actually pretty funny. Basically Stiller plays a guy who wants to marry his girlfreind, but first has to meet the in laws.
Sun 04/02/01 at 17:43
I went to see "Unbreakable" yesterday with Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson, I thought this film could have been fun. Unfortunately I was really dissappointed...

Dont watch this film, its that bad! :-[
Mon 12/02/01 at 12:27
I went to see that Mel Gibson flick

"What women want!"

on the weekend its actually a really good film, which you should all go see particularly if you like comedies.
Mon 12/02/01 at 22:08
For avids who wants something frsh and original and could grasp the concept of abstract. CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON.
Mon 12/02/01 at 22:15
Regular
I want to see Pearl Harbour when it comes out... the trailer really got me intrigued.
Tue 13/02/01 at 11:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Last film I watched at a cinema as T2. (Yes, very long ago). Nowadays I just wait for the DVD to come out as I prefer to watch films at home.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Hannibal, as I'm a great fan of Silence of the Lambs.

One movie that I'm definately going to be returning to my local multiplex to see is Final Fantasy 'The Spirits Within' when it gets released later this year.
Tue 13/02/01 at 14:08
Yes I want to see Hannibal too, although my girlfriend doesnt want me to go see it with her on Valentines Day for some reason. Funny that!
Tue 13/02/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Easy solution, ask another girl to go with you.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.