GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth seeing Counting Crows live?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 17:35
Regular
I know RBS will be jealous. Anyway, Counting Crows are playing at the Isle of Wight music festival thingy in July, and since that's only about an hour's drive/ferry away, I'm considering going. However, they'd be the only band there worth seeing, and so I'm not sure it's really worth it. If they're crap live, I'd be disappointed, especially since I'm not a major fan. It'd be worth it alone if they played Round Here though :P.

Oh, and if I went, I'd take a dictophone to record it for you lot (RBS) to listen to. (probably mess up though).

Should I go?
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:35
Regular
"¬_¬"
I know RBS will be jealous. Anyway, Counting Crows are playing at the Isle of Wight music festival thingy in July, and since that's only about an hour's drive/ferry away, I'm considering going. However, they'd be the only band there worth seeing, and so I'm not sure it's really worth it. If they're crap live, I'd be disappointed, especially since I'm not a major fan. It'd be worth it alone if they played Round Here though :P.

Oh, and if I went, I'd take a dictophone to record it for you lot (RBS) to listen to. (probably mess up though).

Should I go?
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:55
Regular
"You've upset me"
½pint wrote:
> I know RBS will be jealous. Anyway, Counting Crows are playing at the
> Isle of Wight music festival thingy in July, and since that's only
> about an hour's drive/ferry away, I'm considering going.

The word "barsteward" springs to mind...

However,
> they'd be the only band there worth seeing, and so I'm not sure it's
> really worth it. If they're crap live, I'd be disappointed,
> especially since I'm not a major fan.

They *are* good live. Trust me, I've got a lot of bootlegged shows of theirs and they sound fantastic live.

It'd be worth it alone if they
> played Round Here though :P.

Not sure whether they'll do that. It's in the set quite often but not always. It'll probably be mostly Hard Candy stuff with older well known ones (Long December, Omaha etc) thrown in.

> Oh, and if I went, I'd take a dictophone to record it for you lot
> (RBS) to listen to. (probably mess up though).

Pfft. :-)
>
> Should I go?

Yes. But don't blame me if you don't like them :-D
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:18
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yes yes yes yes yes.

I'm going too. The Darkness are playing as well, they rule.

Crows live is fantastic. Believe me. I saw them at Wembley and in Bournemouth, and they are incredible live. Gonna see them at the RAH a week before the Isle Of Wight Fest as well.

Go.

Go go go.
Fri 04/04/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I live on the Isle of Wight... I *think* someone at my school's sister is the organisery person who books bands or something like that... I may go. Or attempt to break in like last year... damn dirty security guards and high wire fences...
Fri 04/04/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
½pint wrote:
> Anyway, Counting Crows are playing at the
> Isle of Wight music festival thingy in July, and since that's only
> about an hour's drive/ferry away, I'm considering going.

½pint have you got anymore info on this as I know my missus would love to go and see them?
Fri 04/04/03 at 22:35
Regular
"¬_¬"
Sibs wrote:
> I live on the Isle of Wight... I *think* someone at my school's sister
> is the organisery person who books bands or something like that... I
> may go. Or attempt to break in like last year... damn dirty security
> guards and high wire fences...

Haha, Isle of Wight must be a very sucky place to live. I live in Romsey... it's close, so you've probably heard of it.

And yes, there's two sites i know of -

http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/redfunnel /musicfestival/index.shtml

and

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/iow/2003/
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/ festivals/lineups.php?FestID=359
Fri 04/04/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Omnipresent"
I know 50 year olds that have have seen 'em. Take that how you like:)
Sat 05/04/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
If you like their music then go see them.
Not only are the gigs great but they also do quite a few alternative lyrics for their live gigs.
Always entertaining.
Sat 05/04/03 at 13:10
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
locky1133 wrote:
> I know 50 year olds that have have seen 'em. Take that how you like:)

LOL :P

I personally think they're crap, but if you guys like 'em as much as 50-year-old men, then go for it.

But they suck mighty balls.
Sat 05/04/03 at 13:18
Regular
"You've upset me"
Collective Zepplin wrote:
> I personally think they're crap

What are you basing that on? The crap cover of Big Yellow Taxi that they've done or American Girls which was a fantastic song before it was produced. The live versions of that from before the album was released are amazing.

If you want to get opinions of the Crows, then don't base it on two songs from Hard Candy, which is an amazing album but not as good as their first too. Before you start slagging things off, go and listen to Round Here, Mr Jones, A Murder Of One, Recovering the Satellites, Angles of the Silences or A Long December. Maybe then, when you've heard a decent sized chunk of their music, maybe then you can start to slate them.

Now run along and listen to Linkin Park and swear at your mum for making you tidy your room.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.