GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth seeing Counting Crows live?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 17:35
Regular
I know RBS will be jealous. Anyway, Counting Crows are playing at the Isle of Wight music festival thingy in July, and since that's only about an hour's drive/ferry away, I'm considering going. However, they'd be the only band there worth seeing, and so I'm not sure it's really worth it. If they're crap live, I'd be disappointed, especially since I'm not a major fan. It'd be worth it alone if they played Round Here though :P.

Oh, and if I went, I'd take a dictophone to record it for you lot (RBS) to listen to. (probably mess up though).

Should I go?
Sun 06/04/03 at 22:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Hmmm, Anyone who playes the guitar in here needs to print off the tab
> for Round Here, Its sooooo easy! And sounds great!
>
> I know it off by heart already!

Yup :-D

Very simple but sounds so good. It's the same all the way through except for a small section in the middle. Fantastic song, even better with the Barely Out Of Tuesday alternate lyrics or the Private Archaepeligo ones.

CC rock.
Sun 06/04/03 at 22:43
Regular
"You've upset me"
Axl Dickinson wrote:
> Yeah that's one of my favourite Crows songs and the main reason I want
> the album. It's one of the last tracks on it too so I expect the first
> ones to pretty good as well.

:-D
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:22
Regular
Hmmm, Anyone who playes the guitar in here needs to print off the tab for Round Here, Its sooooo easy! And sounds great!

I know it off by heart already!
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

> If you need convincing get A Long December,

Yeah that's one of my favourite Crows songs and the main reason I want the album. It's one of the last tracks on it too so I expect the first ones to pretty good as well.
Sun 06/04/03 at 16:02
Regular
*prints off guitar tab for Round Here*
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Axl Dickinson wrote:
but not Recovering
> the Satellites

Tis a damn good album.

If you need convincing get A Long December, Monkey, Another Horsedreamers Blues and Angles of the Silences.

Kick-ass album.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:45
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
It's definately worth seeing them live. I've seen them twice now and am seriously considering travelling the 200+ miles to see them at the Isle Of Wight. Their albums rule so much, but to really appreciate their genius, you have to hear them live. Each performance is completely unique, so yes, go.
Sun 06/04/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You've made me really just wanna go play Vice City and listen to August and Everything After now.

I've got This Desert Life and Across a Wire as well but not Recovering the Satellites (which I'd quite like) and Hard Candy. I'd go see them if it's as little hassle as you say but I wouldn't go through any trouble to get there or get tickets or anything. Especially seeing as they look like retards. The man has a cactus growing on his head!
Sun 06/04/03 at 13:11
Regular
"¬_¬"
This is where the whole music piracy thing comes in. I don't really know why I'm bringing this up, but so far all the Counting Crows songs I have have been downloaded. So, despite having all the mp3's on my PC, I went out and bought August and Everything After. Because, if it's worth buying, I will buy a CD to support a band.

Yes, Counting Crows are great. Raining in Baltimore is one of my favs.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Or maybe he has heard all those songs and just doesn't like them?
> Maybe you're the one jumping to conclusions?

That is also a possibility that I had considered :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.