GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computer Gaming on TV!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/01/01 at 16:11
Regular
Computer Gaming on TV!

What do you think of the ComputerEntertainment based TV shows, weve come along way from the likes of "GamesMaster" and "Bad Influence", and thankfully now have the great "Bits" on channel 4 and some less entertaining, if perhaps more informative offerings on ITV.
Do you think "Bits" needs a PrimeTime spot, I for one would gladly watch bits over the current prime Time garbage on TV, besides which, staying up late to watch Bit is just a pain. A pain well worth it, but something that could be eased.
Tell me what you think, Do you think there are enough Computer Related TV shows???? Should the girls from Bits have their own game????
Fri 09/01/09 at 21:10
Regular
MRI Not Closing?
I got this reply from my contact at MRI After asking about forum statement concerning Closure

Hi Danny & Carol,

Firstly happy new year to you both too!

Next, there is no need to be worried! I am still working for MRI and MRI is still going strong! I am aware of content on forum sites and the emails from the Aspen Refund Team, needless to say this is not correct and all it is doing, as it has with you is unsettling clients!

I´ll be honest and say that yes MRI have downsized in recent months, only natural given the current economic situation. As part of this over the Christmas period we have moved out of our old HQ into a brand new one in central Marbella simply as we no longer needed all of the space the old one afforded, and the overheads that went with this too.

In relation to MRI “rebranding” again this is a misconception, a separate company DCC property has moved into the premises we have vacated, hence the signage has changed. MRI is MRI and DCC is DCC.

The plans for the future of MRI are bright, we have a new CEO and the plan going forward is for MRI to focus more on the construction side of the business rather than selling third party developments, it helps to keep everything in our own control and there are MRI Construction projects planned for other countries where we are not currently building.

In the past MRI have kept their own constructions exclusively for sale by MRI, the plan going forward is also to make these available for purchase through other agents too, so you could say that MRI will move more towards a developer than the historical role of agent, although we will still of course sell our own developments directly.

As for existing clients, again they will not be dropped, in fact I am now heading up this side of the business myself.

I can advise that you will not have heard back from Kelly over the festive period simply due to the fact that she is off until the 5th January (we are actually officially shut until then, however I have just popped in, as I have done a few times recently as I do not want to come back in to hundreds of emails to deal with!)

Anyway, as always best regards,

Dean
Sun 04/01/09 at 12:32
Regular
Hi everyone. Happy new year. I can confirm that the Bourgas office has closed-a shame for the staff who were generally helpful {unlike the senior management}. I too stopped my aftersales membership last year, and with year round flights to Bourgas from Luton I can catch the bus to the airport. A much better arrangement, Whaley
Wed 31/12/08 at 18:10
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
this doesn,t surprise me with that shower of conmen, is anyone bought with them at bansko,and has anyone got any other word on the aftersales membership if joined as i give up on them last year due to them not given a monkeys unless your buying some thing off them,other than that they are usless...napper.. have a good year everyone
Wed 31/12/08 at 13:57
Regular
Hi guys got an Email from a freind saying MRI who are caught up in a legal wrangle concerning REMORTGAGING. The rumore is that they have ceased trading under MRI. Some of their offices have closed and their main offices now carries a sign DCCPROPERTY?
The legal poblem concerns remortgaging thier ASPEN properties in Bansko without permission from their clients? There are 2 links you might like to look at:-

http://investmentpropertyrumours.blogspot.com/2008/12/dcc-property-new-macanthony-realty.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/403/RipOff0403153.htm

regards
Danny
Tue 10/04/01 at 15:57
Ild be happy, although Ive been thinking a videogame show based losely on the Who Wants To Be A Millionare gameshow would be cool.

First 10 people play head to head in a five minute bout of Unreal!

1 competitor is chosen to continue through a series of games and challenges. Which of course get steadily harder... Games can be changed or made easier by the use of your 3 lifelines. As you play more you win more cash..

The Final Battle would be you against all the people you knocked out earlier, or maybe against a world expert Quake III player.
Tue 27/03/01 at 16:19
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The thing with Bits (undoubtedly the top gaming programme at the moment, because it concentrates on GAMES), and it's predecessors before it, is that it tries to go over the top with the presenters, the presentation, it's too 'in yer face' for my liking.

People shouting instead of debating the relative merits of a game, graphics presented in short 5-10 second bursts, and you are left with the distinct feeling of not having seen enough of a particular game to fully decide whether or not you actually want to buy it or not.

And then of course there's the timing of the shows, 1am? Only once or twice a week? Hmmmm. Prime time after school slot compulsory I would have thought.

So here's my alternative:

2 hard core gamers required to present new gaming show. A couple of laid back and intelligent gamers-of-the-year would do the trick, they don't have to be celebrities, in fact it's probably better if they aren't. And probably better if they don't jump around with various body parts wobbling everywhere, too distracting.

30 minute programme, with the following content.
Rundown of the top ten sellers for each format (consoles and PC). 3 minutes tops.

Each game reviewed get's a full 1 minute and 30 second airing, with maybe 30 seconds of talkover by the presenters telling you their opinions and what the game is about, and a full minute of watching the game play (not just intros or FMV segments) so that you can hear the sound and see what the actual gameplay looks like too.
We'll have 10 games reviewed please.

So that's 18 minutes taken up so far, allow another 5 for the advertisement break and you've got 7 minutes left. 6 minutes if you include the start and end credits. The final 6 minutes could be split up into 1 minute for latest gaming news on consoles/PCs/developers, 1 minute for latest gaming gossip, and a 4 minute interview with one of the latest developers about what they are doing, where they are going, why they are doing what they do, how they do it, and when that game we have been waiting for them to finish will finally be released for sure.

And there would be no shouting. Put that on at 17:00 each afternoon 5 days a week, and put FantasyMeister in the production credits.

I'd be happy. Wouldn't you?
Sat 27/01/01 at 19:54
Bits is on late night Fridays (i.e. around 1am saturday), and repeated late night Sunday (i.e. Monday morning at 1.00am).
Mon 22/01/01 at 18:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
There is not enough video game related programmes. I use to enjoy Cybernet, that was alright but for some reason they dont show it anymore. I watch Bits when I can, should be on at a more appropriate time though I think.
Quite disappointed with Blam on Sky one, its not all that great!!
Mon 22/01/01 at 16:11
Computer Gaming on TV!

What do you think of the ComputerEntertainment based TV shows, weve come along way from the likes of "GamesMaster" and "Bad Influence", and thankfully now have the great "Bits" on channel 4 and some less entertaining, if perhaps more informative offerings on ITV.
Do you think "Bits" needs a PrimeTime spot, I for one would gladly watch bits over the current prime Time garbage on TV, besides which, staying up late to watch Bit is just a pain. A pain well worth it, but something that could be eased.
Tell me what you think, Do you think there are enough Computer Related TV shows???? Should the girls from Bits have their own game????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.