GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS carts too small"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/07/05 at 14:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh woe, woe, woe is me. I have LOST my Polarium cartridge. Well that isn't entirely true. I haven't lost it because I know where it is, I just can't get to it.

The story started on a happy monday afternoon in the car, driving to Cornwall for a weeks holiday. Having already driven for about 100 miles myself (oh yes), I decided to relax with my DS. I opend the game pouch of my HMV case and saw that Polarium had become lodged inside the connector part of the Zelda LttP cartridge. So I lifted the cartridges out of the pouch and as I turned the GBA cartridge over, Polarium fell out, slipped through my fingers and down my left side. I put the DS and LttP beside me on the seat and looked to my left expecting to see the little game laying there on the floor between the door and the seat.

Nothing.

I searched frantically, lifting up the seat incase it had slid underneath the foam, but there was nothing there. I opened the door and inspected all around the underneat of the door, but there was nothing there. Then I realised the horrible truth. The game must have slid down my seatbelt, through the little slit in the plastic above the wheel arch and into the cavity where the seatbelt is attached. I have no way of getting to it whatsoever, as the plastic doesn't come off, and I can't fit anything into the little slit to prize it out.

I was understandably annoyed, and didn't play my DS again all week in case something similar happened. Luckily, to make up for it, when I got home on saturday, I had BG&E, Metal Arms, Spiderman 2 and XIII waiting for me, all of which are fantastic games.

The moral of this story is, obviously, take more care of your DS carts. They are too small.
Tue 26/07/05 at 14:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh woe, woe, woe is me. I have LOST my Polarium cartridge. Well that isn't entirely true. I haven't lost it because I know where it is, I just can't get to it.

The story started on a happy monday afternoon in the car, driving to Cornwall for a weeks holiday. Having already driven for about 100 miles myself (oh yes), I decided to relax with my DS. I opend the game pouch of my HMV case and saw that Polarium had become lodged inside the connector part of the Zelda LttP cartridge. So I lifted the cartridges out of the pouch and as I turned the GBA cartridge over, Polarium fell out, slipped through my fingers and down my left side. I put the DS and LttP beside me on the seat and looked to my left expecting to see the little game laying there on the floor between the door and the seat.

Nothing.

I searched frantically, lifting up the seat incase it had slid underneath the foam, but there was nothing there. I opened the door and inspected all around the underneat of the door, but there was nothing there. Then I realised the horrible truth. The game must have slid down my seatbelt, through the little slit in the plastic above the wheel arch and into the cavity where the seatbelt is attached. I have no way of getting to it whatsoever, as the plastic doesn't come off, and I can't fit anything into the little slit to prize it out.

I was understandably annoyed, and didn't play my DS again all week in case something similar happened. Luckily, to make up for it, when I got home on saturday, I had BG&E, Metal Arms, Spiderman 2 and XIII waiting for me, all of which are fantastic games.

The moral of this story is, obviously, take more care of your DS carts. They are too small.
Tue 26/07/05 at 15:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Roubles. Unlucky you. Polarium is wonderful. I'm still rubbish at it, but I can see how it's so addictive.

I've done over 70 puzzle thingies, though, which is good.
Tue 26/07/05 at 15:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I use a pencil case to hold them all, and the DS itself. Beats buying an ultra-expensive case and all the games can go in there too.
Tue 26/07/05 at 15:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Oh and woe it was Polarium. Infuriatingly addictive little title.
Tue 26/07/05 at 15:17
Regular
I use the cases from GAME, only hold 2 but they have the nicest blue rubber inside, howevor as they are not much bigger than the game, i start losing them aswell.
Tue 26/07/05 at 19:08
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
i carry mine in my wallet, theyre just the right siz to go in the photo bit....i thauhgt i lost one of my ds games once, but then realised it was insid the actual console :D
Tue 26/07/05 at 19:19
Regular
"Mozzy"
UMD > Cartridges

*runs*
Wed 27/07/05 at 13:08
Regular
haha
Wed 27/07/05 at 13:32
"period drama"
I suck at Polarium ... the proper game of it anyway. Done all the puzzles, but can't get above an E- for the Tetris-style bit.
Wed 27/07/05 at 14:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've got better than an -E once.

And done 78 of the puzzles. 79 + 80 are annoying the hell out of me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.