GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do Box Car Racer sound EXACTLY like Blink 182?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/03 at 20:51
Regular
Is it just me or do Box Car Racer and Blink 182 sound exactly the same?
Sat 05/04/03 at 22:09
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Sibs wrote:
> Yeah, I heard 'Diamonds and Guns', 'Tall Cans in the Air' and some
> other track I forget the name of... all are very good, and I'm going
> to get the CD at some point (probably when I can be bothered to start
> buying CDs off Ebay again...)

I got it today from the good ol' mvc website. Some amazing songs, some very poor ones and some average. I think after a few listens I'll be loving most of it, it's just one of those albums.
Fri 04/04/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Dude, they have the same singer and guitarist so they are bound to
> sound alike. The songs are also written by the same guys - it is like
> a sort of side-project.

But the fact that it's a side project where they actually said they were trying to bring out more mature/darker songs and also show other influences (post-hardcore) kind of suggests Box Car should not sound like Blink. Of course, there are bound to be similarities, but if the two bands sound 'exactly the same' as whoever wrote this topic said, the band are pretty much defeated in what they set out to acheive already...
Fri 04/04/03 at 20:58
Regular
CDouch wrote:
> Have you heard Transplants Sibs?
I have I have!
*Jumps around to be noticed*
Fri 04/04/03 at 20:56
Regular
David Gray rules, in a gay way.
Fri 04/04/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Dude, they have the same singer and guitarist so they are bound to sound alike. The songs are also written by the same guys - it is like a sort of side-project.
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Yeah, I heard 'Diamonds and Guns', 'Tall Cans in the Air' and some other track I forget the name of... all are very good, and I'm going to get the CD at some point (probably when I can be bothered to start buying CDs off Ebay again...)
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Have you heard Transplants Sibs?
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well, I can't say I've heard much box car (1-2 tracks...) but if they do sound completely alike then box car have already failed... this was the blink boys attempt at something a little more mature (I believe they said they were trying to bring out post-hardcore influences)... but basically I don't know if they sound alike... but I wouldn't really rate either band based on what I've heard.
Fri 04/04/03 at 07:26
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Possum wrote:
> They sound nothing alike to me. Blink also have a new album coming out
> in the summer.

But it IS a statement of fact that there are two members of Blink (Tom, vocals and Travis, drums) in Box Car Racer so there is bound to be similarities, in case you didn't read the other replies :P
Thu 03/04/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Plus Travis is in the amazing Transplants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.